Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 new carpets

Haydn993

New member
Joined
3 Nov 2013
Messages
6
I'm refurbing my 993 completely....top end rebuild, full body respray...seats trimmed....can anyone tell me where i can get a full set of carpets...cant seem to find anything out there for a 993?

Thanks
 
Southbound will do you a full set...........But at a price :nooo:
 
Given the other work he's taking on, I'd imagine the price of a carpet set will be the least of his concerns :grin:
 
dommorton said:
Given the other work he's taking on, I'd imagine the price of a carpet set will be the least of his concerns :grin:

I am estimating about 6-7k for the rebuilt by well known independant...the respray 3k ....i was hoping to keep the carpets and retrim of front seats down to about 2.5k....plus 10% contingency...overall...
 
For a decent respray, glass out etc, I'd up your estimate to £5k. Seat re-trim (fronts only) £1.5k (top end job in authentic leather) and full carpet set will be likely £1k+ from Southbound.

What's the mileage on the car? Dont hear of my 993 having top end rebuilds :dont know:
 
Zingari said:
For a decent respray, glass out etc, I'd up your estimate to £5k. Seat re-trim (fronts only) £1.5k (top end job in authentic leather) and full carpet set will be likely £1k+ from Southbound.

What's the mileage on the car? Dont hear of my 993 having top end rebuilds :dont know:

The respray is 'mates rates' ...and it will be perfect....I'm on 121k miles and although the 993 engine tends to grow old gracefully, I am losing too much oil ....i love the car which i've had for 6 years, and i want to keep it...cheers
 
Haydn993 said:
Zingari said:
For a decent respray, glass out etc, I'd up your estimate to £5k. Seat re-trim (fronts only) £1.5k (top end job in authentic leather) and full carpet set will be likely £1k+ from Southbound.

What's the mileage on the car? Dont hear of my 993 having top end rebuilds :dont know:

The respray is 'mates rates' ...and it will be perfect....I'm on 121k miles and although the 993 engine tends to grow old gracefully, I am losing too much oil ....i love the car which i've had for 6 years, and i want to keep it...cheers

Sorry, top end is misleading....they will do a virtual rebuild...top end alone is fairly pointless whilst the lump is sitting on the tray...might as well do the lot !
 
A full oem carpet set is not that expensive from memory. I remember seeing one of the well known porsche parts Internet sites sold them but can't remember which one sorry.
 
Had a set from these guys for my 3.2 which were spot on

www.cabrio.de
 
Haydn993 said:
Zingari said:
For a decent respray, glass out etc, I'd up your estimate to £5k. Seat re-trim (fronts only) £1.5k (top end job in authentic leather) and full carpet set will be likely £1k+ from Southbound.

What's the mileage on the car? Dont hear of my 993 having top end rebuilds :dont know:

The respray is 'mates rates' ...and it will be perfect....I'm on 121k miles and although the 993 engine tends to grow old gracefully, I am losing too much oil ....i love the car which i've had for 6 years, and i want to keep it...cheers

How much oil are you losing?

993's are designed to burn a little, which to the unitiated can be alarming at first. The factory quotes figures of up to a litre per 1,000km I believe for a car within spec. If it's losing oil in the form of leaking rather than burning, this would not generally point to a a need for a top end rebuild but potentially to areas such as the cam covers, oil return tubes or crank case (the lattter only if your'e unlucky).

If the car is not burning too much oil, it is not down on power and it does not sound "tappety" (perhaps indicating worn valve guides) I would tend to leave it alone for now.
 
2 years ago a complete carpet set from Southbound was in the region of c£600 from memory.
 

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
124,313
Messages
1,444,071
Members
49,445
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back
Top