Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Headlight adjuster switch - can it be deleted?

stever1959

I'm a bit puzzled.
Most of the cars I've ever driven don't have an adjuster switch, my RHD 1996 993 targa does have one - seems it was a no cost feature in Europe back then?

Also I read that if one is fitted, it's a possible MOT fail if it doesn't work

I'm doing a Singer style interior (I know, I know 🥱) and trying to figure out the space to the right of the steering column so it looks more this the pic, image0.jpeg

and I want to delete the headlight adjustment switch.

Has anyone done this?

No, but it is an MOT fail if its not working - I found out the hard way and only OPC could source one - and fit it £££ cant you just take out the toggle and replace with a blank plate? Leave wires running but just put behind the dash. Thats what I will end up doing if it fails again. Daft thing is it moves about 3mm..................bloody pointless.

Thanks moo75x I need someone to tell me how to take it out and whether it affects the headlamp set up that might be a fail as well...

The adjustment is compulsory if you have LED headlights.

Ahh - you don't drive in the dark then!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vrover_993
Back