Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 GT2 at Clark and Carter

Citori

Mexico City
Joined
9 Oct 2010
Messages
1,828
Had a great morning at Clark and Carter on Saturday who were having an invitation only open morning.
They are a Rolls Royce, Bently and Porsche specialist and had some really interesting stuff in the workshops.
I'm going to add a more general post in one of the all model forums on this site, but I thought one car in particular would be of interest to us 993 bods.
There was a 993 in there having a full body respray in it's original colour. Nothing special you might think..... But this one was a GT2 with less than 16K kilometers...WTF.... :eek: :dont know:
What did suprise us was the way in which the wheel arches had been modified once the extensions had been taken off. I have to admit, it looked as if I had done it with a sawsall on a spare Sunday morming.
There hadn't been any attempt to finish off the rough edges. They had just been cut out and sprayed.
And there was me going to buy one as well, but now I'm not so sure.. :nooo: :grin:

edit: corrected bad grammer, could no longer take the ridicule. :wack:
 

Attachments

  • 2013_03_16_469r_266.jpg
    2013_03_16_469r_266.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 4,487
  • 2013_03_16_467r_512.jpg
    2013_03_16_467r_512.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 4,487
  • 2013_03_16_466r_154.jpg
    2013_03_16_466r_154.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 4,487
  • 2013_03_16_465r_149.jpg
    2013_03_16_465r_149.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 4,487
Re: GT2 at Clark and Carter

Citori said:
There was a 993 GT2 in there having a full body respray in it's original colour. Nothing special you might think.....

Citori, honestly, how did you manage to get the words "993 GT2" and "nothing special" in the same paragraph ???? :nooo:

Of all the cars in all the world "nothing special" is likely to relate to the 993 GT2 is the least of them :grin:

Looks immense even stripped down :bandit:

Anyhow while we're on GT2's I noticed a polar one for sale on that other site proclaiming to be the only UK polar car, but then noticed another polar one in a Porsche Experience Centre video on youtube comparing the road going GT2 with it's track going sibling. Is someone telling polar porkie pies :?:

Oops just noticed the Porsche Experience one is a left hooker, could well be this very car. At least I can now go and buy the other knowing it is the only UK polar RHD :grin:
 
Re: GT2 at Clark and Carter

Numbercruncher said:
Citori said:
There was a 993 GT2 in there having a full body respray in it's original colour. Nothing special you might think.....

Citori, honestly, how did you manage to get the words "993 GT2" and "nothing special" in the same paragraph ???? :nooo:

Of all the cars in all the world "nothing special" is likely to relate to the 993 GT2 is the least of them :grin:

Looks immense even stripped down :bandit:

Anyhow while we're on GT2's I noticed a polar one for sale on that other site proclaiming to be the only UK polar car, but then noticed another polar one in a Porsche Experience Centre video on youtube comparing the road going GT2 with it's track going sibling. Is someone telling polar porkie pies :?:

Ha Ha, You did make me chuckle! :grin:
What I meant was it's nothing special to see a car having a full body re-spray in its original colour........ but a GT2 with only 16K Kms.... :eek:

But I guess you knew that anyway and are just pulling my chain!
But the really suprising bit was the milage.

It was a left hooker BTW so could have been brought over to the UK just for the work. :dont know: Plates were obviously off, but the speedo was in KPH.
Did they make the GT2 in RHD? showing my ignorance now... :oops:
Steve.
 
God, that looks good, even with half its clothes off :food:
 
Re: GT2 at Clark and Carter

Citori said:
Did they make the GT2 in RHD? showing my ignorance now... :oops:

Yep, 7 according to the aforementioned advert, but I'm sure some trainspotter will be along shortly to confirm or deny :grin:
 
What was the blue early 911 in the background? Love these sneak shots giving an insight into what's going on around about the country. My GT is getting a respray, love it. One serious car.

Wonder if this for preparation to the market or just a refresh. If it was mine i would be sorely tempted to leave it alone. Only its original paint once!
 
tp81 said:
What was the blue early 911 in the background? Love these sneak shots giving an insight into what's going on around about the country. My GT is getting a respray, love it. One serious car.

Wonder if this for preparation to the market or just a refresh. If it was mine i would be sorely tempted to leave it alone. Only its original paint once!

I'm going to do a post on the day a bit later when I have some time.
But that 'early' blue 911 in the background was in fact a 964 that was being 'backdated' to look like an early 911S. It was having an absolute fortune spent on it. It included a complete bare body strip out respray and engine rebuild, a/c and lots of other good bits.
It was going to cost far and away more than a genuine 911S! :eek:
 
Re: GT2 at Clark and Carter

Citori said:
edit: corrected bad grammer, could no longer take the ridicule. :wack:

Yeah lovely car and all that but come on priorities Steve, spelling too, its grammar! :pc:
 
Re: GT2 at Clark and Carter

Chris W said:
Citori said:
edit: corrected bad grammer, could no longer take the ridicule. :wack:

Yeah lovely car and all that but come on priorities Steve, spelling too, its grammar! :pc:

Damn you secondary school education.... :D :D :D
 
Re: GT2 at Clark and Carter

Citori said:
Chris W said:
Citori said:
edit: corrected bad grammer, could no longer take the ridicule. :wack:

Yeah lovely car and all that but come on priorities Steve, spelling too, its grammar! :pc:

Damn you secondary school education.... :D :D :D

LOL, sorry. Believe it or not my old grammar school appears on google maps as '...Grammer School' :eh!:

Right back on topic.

I LOVE THAT GT2, I dont know why I've always loved cutaway drawings, the cutaway cars like at the Porsche museum, and pics of the Carrera GT stripped down to the chassis...why is that? Hmm maybe time to take a knife to my Tamiya RC GT2.
 
Re: GT2 at Clark and Carter

[/quote]
I LOVE THAT GT2, I dont know why I've always loved cutaway drawings, the cutaway cars like at the Porsche museum, and pics of the Carrera GT stripped down to the chassis...why is that? Hmm maybe time to take a knife to my Tamiya RC GT2.
[/quote]

It must be a mental affliction that is associated with ocd and common in those that have a desire to take their cars apart for fun.

I have recently aquired various pictures to be framed and hung in the garage which include these beauties;
 

Attachments

  • 993_109.jpg
    993_109.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 4,244
  • 917k_212.jpg
    917k_212.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 4,244
As my 2 yr old says....more more more more...please Dom :worship:
 
Pervert !
 

Attachments

  • 993rs_647.jpg
    993rs_647.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 4,226
  • porsche_917_30_23_112.jpg
    porsche_917_30_23_112.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 4,226
  • gt1_891.jpg
    gt1_891.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 4,226

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
124,470
Messages
1,445,530
Members
49,609
Latest member
Outrigger
Back
Top