Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Carrera S in Vesuvius For Sale - may PX

TheCock

Mexico City
Hi All

I am just setting about putting some adverts up so in the meantime here's some info:

Its a Carrera S in Vesuvius with grey interior. 74k miles. It has Steel grey wheel centres, handles, wing mirrors and grill on the spoiler. It came standard with 17" cups (with grey centres though) although I run on 18" WB turbo twists (in steel grey). Both set of wheels have been refurbed (total refurb, not just the face) by Chris W at Excel Wheels, the 17s actually havent been back on the car and so are literally brand new. I would probably sell it with the 17s on (as a WB car it comes with wheel spacers for the 17s.) Not sure though, perhaps the 18s, would be chatting to Chris W first. Either way it comes with awesome wheels. Both sets of tyres are Contis.

I have had the car for four years, I searched for two years to find it. Oddly after travelling the country looking I found it in Bournemouth. The car was the Bournemouth OPC demo in '96, the first owner (I met him when I picked up the car by coincidence!) bought it with 30 miles on the clock after forcing them to sell it to him paying over the list. It was then sold to two more guys by the dealership. The previous owner to me had sadly passed away, and so as I had got to know the Service Manager he called me first when the widow called not knowing what to do with the car, they brokered the deal and I bought the car.

The previous owner to me had been ill for some time and the car was in fabulous mechanical condition but needed the usual front end re-spray. Before I collected the car I wanted it to be perfect. I had a 111 point check and the only thing required was rear discs, in any case I had a full major service with the OPC and had every fluid changed together with literally anything that needed doing, down to windscreen wipers. I also had the paintwork completed (£3.5k and a lifetime warranty) and a new set of tires. At the time I had some spare savings and I wanted my dream car to be perfect on delivery.

The car has a full Porsche service history and it is with the same dealer (Bournemouth) in fact the technician who PDI'd it services it, which is cool. They have also performed 111 point checks, the last one this year when again it flew through, even the funny gromets underneath where in place! Last year it was also put through the 111 point check at OPC Byfleet where it sailed through with the technician saying it was one of the best 993 he'd seen mechanically.

The car has spent almost all its life (from 2001) being a garaged third car and so it is completely rust free. I have had the original screen replaced, it was absolutely peppered with stone chips and one last one did it in! I had it replaced at the OPC with the technicians there helping, the car stayed put for two days to ensure the glue bonded etc.

Apart from regular servicing (I have serviced with an open cheque book policy every 12 months without fail) and the stamped book (all the stamps have two signatures, only two guys have ever booked it in all those times!) I have a massive folder (so OCD) with masses of paperwork, sales brochures etc. I also have all the MOTs and tax discs.

Very recent work completed includes the Cam Covers, spoiler curtain, Oil cooler, 200 cell cats and a new starter motor. I havent been back through my paperwork yet, I'll obviously dig through everything for the advert.

The car is a genuine garage queen, I complete around 3000 miles a year, it has been to Le Mans Classic this year and the Nurburgring two years ago and has been simply flawless on every single trip (as you'd expect being a 993!). I have entered it into concours events when I come across them (I am a bit OCD but not a concours person) as a bit of fun. It has always placed in the top finishers and last year it won car of the night at the Poole Quay PCGB event. Bournemouth OPC called me up for the 991 launch and used my car in the showroom which was nice. Cosmetically it is perfect, there are no marks on the car at all. It also has a Becker Grand Prix.

One important point is it is debt free, HPI clear and has never been in a accident.

I will post up an advert later in the week, although I may choose to go through a broker like Byfleet so please pm me ASAP if this car is of interest to anyone on here.

I could be interested in a PX although I have already spoken to a member here and getting on the same page is difficult! Not a dig but I think when you have two people passionate about their cars its a bit of a clash. Perhaps an outright sale is better but if someone is realistic about a PX deal then I'm up for it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmyMartin
Back