Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 cab hood latching motors

r2d3

A strange fault has developed on my '94 cab roof latching motors. The O/S motor works fine. The N/S motor fails to work unless you hold the roof above the windshield frame. Then it works but only after the O/S motor has completed its full cycle. I can get it to work by manually turning the motor until it is three quarters through its cycle- then the motor switches and it completes its cycle normally. It's looks as if the electrics are out of sync.
I have checked the micro switches including the ones in the motor body and they seem fine.
It could be the ECU; but if anybody out there has any ideas I would be pleased see your input. :?:

Worth checking with your local OPC to see if there is an outstanding recall
Porsche changed the motors on all cars worldwide 3/ 4 years ago, if its not had a main dealer service for a while theres a good chance the work is still outstanding and FREE

Hi,

+1 to what Mark said, I had mine done in January 2011 by OPC Alicante, no issues with the old ones but it was taken care of FOC.

ATB :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back