Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C2 manual white sunroof delete low milies

Bedford

I've had personal experience with this garage, and it wasn't a pleasant one..

I advertised a 335d M Sport Saloon with 170k @ £7250 via Pistonheads..last autumn around 1630hrs. I had a call from a gent around 1745 wanting to buy car at £6500 the next day, I politely rejected the offer. 1930 same number called offering £6600 and wanting to come late evening ie 2330 to collect, again I refused.

I tried to explain that to arrive at that time is unrealistic with teenagers in the house and a school night, plus banks closed obviously..

Another call followed at 2230 to say they were leaving Bedford at 2300 to buy the car in the morning, I suggested a hotel close by run by my brother in law in Torquay. A couple arrived at the hotel around 0330 and messaged me to say 1000hrs in the morning.!

I insisted that I would only accept cash paid into a branch close by if we agreed a price. I'm not small, around 13.5 stone, this guy was of Moroccan origin and 3 times my size, with his English girlfriend. I drove on the test drive, and felt uncomfortable in there presence, I had told my neighbours that if I wasn't back by 1100 to call the plod!

So he knocked me a little but agreed at 6.9k and we went to the bank together, I asked for an address but only got a partial one with the above garages postcode and a signed sold as seen document, he would not sign but the girlfriend did. At the hotel she signed in using a different name altogether.

The whole experience was surreal, and the very next day within 48 hrs of the advert being placed the car was up at £8995 which I felt was optimistic.

I know it's a bit off subject but some dealers do grab bargains I guess...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tone_Loc
Back