Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 bypassed (Hollamby modded) Silencers - SOLD

adamw

Set of 993 exhaust Silencers modded with bypass pipe.
This is the "legendary" :grin: "Hollamby mod" with a bypass pipe welded in between the silencer entry and exit pipes to produce that throatier louder exhaust sound.

The welding work was done by Powerspeed under the 911uk group buy less than 9 months ago.

Looking for no less than £250 for the pair and ideally they will be collected from East Grinstead, although I can look in to couriers, postage etc but this will be on top of the £250

Picture of one of the silencers below
PM me if you have any questions or need any more info.

20120924_123754.jpg

Cheers :thumb:
Adam

Hi Adam,

Are you selling these because they are too loud? I'm interested but don't know how loud it makes the car. Simon

mostlyd said:
Hi Adam,

Are you selling these because they are too loud? I'm interested but don't know how loud it makes the car. Simon

Hi Simon,
I personally found these a bit to loud on my car but when I had this mod done the car was also fitted with 200 Cell high flow cats which also alters the noise and makes it louder. I think it was a combo of the 2 that made it a tad too loud for me.

I'm told though, with the bypass mod alone the noise is just about right and sounds great.
If you do a search for "Hollamby" I'm sure you will find lots on these.

For now however I hope Kim doesn't mind me posting one of his Videos to try and illustrate the sound of this bypass mod alone??:

Hope that helps :grin: :thumb:

IMHO and having a set of these I would say the 'noise' is perfect :thumb: they are not intrusive unless under load and gave a nice deep burble. I did not have the sport cat and would think that both added is too much.

Best mod you can do without going RSR route.

Of course the best air cooled engine sound is made by a 964 with G-Pipe :grin:

Zingari said:
Of course the best air cooled engine sound is made by a 964 with G-Pipe :grin:

Having been in a g-pipe modded '64 I must say I can't really argue with that :thumb:

Bit of a bump on these :hand: Any interest :dont know:
Plan to put them on the Bay over the weekend...Cheers :thumb:

Sold :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back