Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993...96 Turbo S

highway

I like the look of 911 Virgins 996 Turbo S. Please remind me this is overpriced at £36k and the cost to change, were I even to consider PX, would be more upsetting than syphillis.

http://www.911virgin.com/porscheforsale/692/996TurboSCoupe/

I remember enviously looking at these when new at £100k plus. They obviously cost loads to keep tidy and the discs are a wallet raping liability...right? It is also pointless owning a car with warp 10 capability. You can't deploy the performance in the JK unless on track. Right? The noise is pants as well, no Kimbo mod here. Like taking an M60 to a paintball game. Isn't it?

Rainy Sundays irritate me. That is all.

I started considering 996 Turbos, just because they are damn good value for what your getting. But the exhaust note is rubbish, and someone told me they are bl00dy quick but so boring. Result was the GT3, and at 35k you could have a nice GT3, plus that turbo still has some dropping yet, I don't think the GT3 will.
I wasn't raining this morning when I did a cracking time at the East Grinstead Triathlon :D

On a slightly different note. Why do these guys continue to quote a milliennium bug price. Very irritating. Rant over.

GT3/ turbo S . it Is chalk and cheese really . Two different cars for different use.
I am absolutely agree the exhaust on the turbo sound pants, but with a good sport exhaust they can sound great like a cup car. Replacing the exhaust was the first thing I 've done.
UK roads are awful and the weather is nit brillant. With The 996 turbo / S you can use the power easlily ( it is no Audi quattro though) , good everyday car too. GT3 is the track car tohave , a bit a paint to drive on the road in UK anyway.

:hand: Highway you've been listening to Booo again :what:

BTW I thought PCCB were good for 100k :dont know:

Surfymark is selling one on this site, went up today, looks lovely:

http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=3493

I can see why one car might be worth many thousands pounds than another. From time to time I look at the cheaper, higher mile 996T prices and think 'Mmm...',

But when I look and see the car above is for sale at £24k has had a £12,000 engine rebuild? get's me thinking about not saving that £5k and owning one of the cheaper one's that have not...
:eek:

Rallyeman said:
and someone told me they are bl00dy quick but so boring.

Drive one for yourself and the word boring will have a new meaning to you. Ive just remapped my 996TT, boring is not a word ive ever used thats for sure even when it was stock, the word your looking for is TERRIFYING, they are a god damn death trap these cars. Now producing 510BHP on a stage 1 remap, OMG, It scares the hell out of me

a996with2turbos said:
Rallyeman said:
and someone told me they are bl00dy quick but so boring.

Drive one for yourself and the word boring will have a new meaning to you. Ive just remapped my 996TT, boring is not a word ive ever used thats for sure even when it was stock, the word your looking for is TERRIFYING, they are a god damn death trap these cars. Now producing 510BHP on a stage 1 remap, OMG, It scares the hell out of me

Boring? Wtf is that meant to mean? Boring compared with what....... An Exocet, the Batmobile, Russian roulette, an orgy? Drive one and then come back and tell us how it was. Enter a motorway in second gear and if its clear just floor it then tell me it's boring. Rant over.

By the waya996with2turbos who did your remap? I have been looking at various and still not sure what to do. Thanks.

Boring? Wtf is that meant to mean? Boring compared with what....... An Exocet, the Batmobile, Russian roulette, an orgy? Drive one and then come back and tell us how it was. Enter a motorway in second gear and if its clear just floor it then tell me it's boring. Rant over.

By the waya996with2turbos who did your remap? I have been looking at various and still not sure what to do. Thanks.[/quote]

Boring, WTF is exactly what I thought when I read that post aswell.

I did the remap myself with some help from a mate. It was an interesting project but it really is just way to fast now ive done it, sooo very very scary in 3rd gear. You have to be careful with it, thank god its 4WD, I dont think I would be so brave if was 2WD

oh yours is a 2005 Sarfend, so its the 997TT yeh or the last of the 996TT? And its an 'S', I would love to remap one of those

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueteddybear
Back