Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 wheels

Parsley

Sao Paulo

Loving those.

Also, what did you do to the rear lights? They look great.

beresd said:
Loving those.

Also, what did you do to the rear lights? They look great.

Thanks very much. Not a great pic as it was late and only tried them on but like the look and the way they fill the arches, particularly the front which I have always disliked the way the wheels are tucked under even with spacers.
The wheels came with 235/40/19 and 285/35/19 and it's slightly overtired profile wise so have bought 235/35/19 and 285/30/19 which are on their way. I've used 10mm rear and 15mm front spacers and seems to be spot on offset wise. The wheels look fresh and modern imo.

The rear lights are led units that were on the car when I bought. I really like them and again just bring a bit of a modern touch at the rear. Not to everyone's taste but I like them. I'll put up more pics as soon as it's sorted with new rubber.

coullstar said:
They look good, sometimes 19in look big but they seem fine.

Front offset is tricky, I like mine.

I like the way yours sits mate, looks really good.
19" wheels can look wrong sometimes.i think when the spokes are thin they can look a bit big and make the brakes look small!!
The 991 wheels to me, are just right.

Had the same wheels on my 991 C4. Easy to clean and looks nice

coullstar said:
They look good, sometimes 19in look big but they seem fine.

Front offset is tricky, I like mine.

Are yours an 8" front? The 991 are 81/2 front. What size tyres are you running?

Cracking them Neil 👏 nice job. You can make any wheel/tyre fit with abit of thought. Personally love a 19" rim on a 996. Please with mine now, haven't been able to drive for 6 weeks as I've had a leg op so can't wait to get out 🤘

Attachments

• 20210317_133107_202.jpg
    20210317_133107_202.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,511
Gt3Owl said:
Cracking them Neil 👏 nice job. You can make any wheel/tyre fit with abit of thought. Personally love a 19" rim on a 996. Please with mine now, haven't been able to drive for 6 weeks as I've had a leg op so can't wait to get out 🤘

That looks awesome Nick!!! Looks super clean.
I'm going to have to copy you though and put a rear wing on. I used to prefer the smooth look but the aero look has really grown on me. It's all I can think about now, which wing to go for???

Parsley said:
Gt3Owl said:

That looks awesome Nick!!! Looks super clean.
I'm going to have to copy you though and put a rear wing on. I used to prefer the smooth look but the aero look has really grown on me. It's all I can think about now, which wing to go for???

Cheers, mine has a 996.1 wing on (was like that when I bought it) the 996.2 wing is about 4k so probably why they went for that one 👍

Looking good on the 991 wheels :thumb:

I've bought one of the 997 GT3 RS style fibreglass engine lids, it looks to be good quality, I just can't seem to make my mind up between that and a ducktail :dont know: :frustrated:

Attachments

• 20210215_124947_739.jpg
    20210215_124947_739.jpg
    779.9 KB · Views: 1,455
jezgreen911 said:

I've bought one of the 997 GT3 RS style fibreglass engine lids, it looks to be good quality, I just can't seem to make my mind up between that and a ducktail :dont know: :frustrated:

That's a beaut 👍

jezgreen911 said:

Thanks mate.

Wow that wing is cool is that for a 996 but styled on the 997? Sorry if it's a dumb question but looks the kind of thing I was considering.

Yes it's a 996 engine lid with a 997 GT3 RS style wing, I ordered it from Poland, either the same seller or similar has them on eBay, I'm still delaying fitting my aero kit as they are still yet to do the finish surface of our road, we only moved in three years ago! :roll: this is giving me the time to constantly change my mind about the rear spoiler, I'm currently swaying towards a ducktail :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back