Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 questions

zabba1

I'm in the market for my first 911, either a 991.1 carrera (3.4 or 3.8S), or an earlier 991.2 C2 base. It needs to be manual. However, they are not that common it seems (although more common as a 991.1 3.4), so I am going to have to compromise on spec a bit.

That leads me to a few questions I have that hopefully some members could help with:-

1. I'm not a fan of the standard seats, and would prefer the sport plus seats which I had in a previous Cayman. Is it a straight swap or not as easy as that?
  2. Sports chrono/rev match - I understand rev matching on the manual only comes with sports chrono, and that early 991.1 manuals didn't have it. Does anyone know when that was introduced? And is it possible to retrofit that feature alone through software without the other bits like the clock and engine mounts? I know the purists will heal and toe their way around, but it's a feature I had on my manual m240i which I liked.
  3. Android auto/apple carplay - I understand carplay is standard on all 991.2 but not android auto. Is there any option to add that to a 991.1 without impacting a Porsche warranty?
  4. Isofix front seat - I have seen some cars with this option, but others say that as standard it has the preparation for it and the airbag switch. Therefore has anyone added this later on, and do you know what the cost was?
  5. Roof transportation - do all 991.1/2 have the bits needed to add roof bars, even if there is a sunroof fitted? I think it became an option on the 992, but hopefully it was standard on all 991s.
Thanks

what about the other 986 questions ?

what about the other 986 questions ?
Let me think of some more 😀

Thanks, that's helpful.
The isofix question was really can it he retrofitted to front seat as I understand they are all prepped for it. Quite a niche question so might not have come up before!
On the roof bars, I just want to know whether all 991 have the mounting points.

Let me think of some more 😀

Thanks, that's helpful.
The isofix question was really can it he retrofitted to front seat as I understand they are all prepped for it. Quite a niche question so might not have come up before!
On the roof bars, I just want to know whether all 991 have the mounting points.
if they are all prepped for isofix then they can be fitted

as for the roof, only cars with sunroofs have them fitted as standard otherwise it depends in the roof preparation kit was fitted or not, it can not be retrofitted

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vrover_993
Back