Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Quad Exhaust Tips

findtom

Spa-Francorchamps
Hello, so after much thinking and looking at 911's, I decided not to buy an old 911 to do up, but to sell my dreadful C63 Coupe and buy back into a new C2 991.

I have quite a few options on my car (list to follow at some point), but not the quad C2S exhaust tips. Does anyone know if the S ones will just slip on or do I need special C2 ones? I have seen a few C2's with the C2S tips so I know they are out there somewhere.....

Can you help?

Many thanks,

Tom.

997c2s said:
Hello, so after much thinking and looking at 911's, I decided not to buy an old 911 to do up, but to sell my dreadful C63 Coupe and buy back into a new C2 991.

I have quite a few options on my car (list to follow at some point), but not the quad C2S exhaust tips. Does anyone know if the S ones will just slip on or do I need special C2 ones? I have seen a few C2's with the C2S tips so I know they are out there somewhere.....

Can you help?

Many thanks,

Tom.

Not too sure about them but are you having the sports exhaust? I Think the tips are different on the sports exhaust. I moved from a c63 coupe to a 991 4s too. C63 build quality was rubbish. Did you have the perfomance pack? WHy didn't you like the c63?

No, I don't have the sports exhaust. I spoke to my dealer today and he says the tips for the S and non-S are different.

I will have to buy the non-S only versions (which are £550).

Yes I had a C63, just did not get on with it (google speedmonkey.co.uk for my "living with it" review). There were soooo many problems/build quality issues I sold it after 4 months.

I did not have the performance pack but having driven one with, for me it wasn't worth the additional cost.

Great engine though, pity all the other bits are built by Mercedes.....

997c2s said:
Does anyone know if the S ones will just slip on or do I need special C2 ones? I have seen a few C2's with the C2S tips so I know they are out there somewhere.....

Yes, where the PSE option has been specced on the C2, then the quad exhausts come as part of that package. Otherwise, you cannot bolt on the S-pipes to a non-S car.

~ Maxie

Thanks Maxie, good to see you again after all this time (last time we met we saw that F40 in the village near Andover)?

So what choices do I have then??? Has anyone tried fitting 997 twin tips to a 991? They look very similar to me.

Hi Tom - remember that day well, thanks! The F40 was a beast wasn't it? And he drove from Brighton just buy a paper! So you have moved on to a 991 - that's great. Would be nice to see a comparison of your new car vs your old 997 sometime.

I am unsure if 997 tail-pipes will fit 991s but you could ask your local OPC if it might?

~ Maxie

Sports tailpipes for 991 C2

I just had a new sports exhaust fitted to my 991 C2 which I bought new in January with the Sports tailpipes option (£526 factory fit price). I just sent you a PM as I was going to advertise these tailpipes for a lot less than the price you would pay at an OPC. :)

hey my buddy just got a set of tips for his 991 from fabspeed they look great. might be worth a look

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back