Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 Targa 4 v 4S - help please ...

Rizzo

Hi There
I'm looking for some advice from some of you experts please ....
I Have a 2017 model 991.2 CS at present and I'm in the process of Swapping for a 2018 Targa 4. Being a Porsche novice I have realised the Targa I'm interested in is a 4, as opposed to ' S' and understand has a reduced BHP by circa 50 when compared to my current 991 S.
Would anybody be in a position to confirm if the reduction in BHP will be noticeable from a power perspective driving on the road please ?

Many thanks

50 less bhp and significant extra weight will definitely blunt the performance of the car but whether that will noticeably affect what you can use on the road is debatable.

I had a 991.2 Targa 4S, and it seemed a fair bit faster than my previous 991 C2S.

Don't think I'd bother with a '4' IMO, I think I'd notice the drop in power!

T8 said:
50 less bhp and significant extra weight will definitely blunt the performance of the car.

This 👍.

The Targa is a stunning car in 991 form with the folding glass roof, but its 200kg heavier than the coupe you have. Thats like driving your current car with 2 extra adults and a teenager in the back.... ooh and with circa 50bhp less. Try loading your car up and see how it handles and accelerates. You will definitely notice that extra weight. The fact you are asking the question its clearly going to play on your mind. If its a high street cruiser you are after then the 4 may will be fine for your needs, otherwise it has to be the S / GTS version with all that extra weight.

I have only driven the 991.2 GTS Targa with 450ps rather than the S or 4. With the roof off and the noise of the road its a thrilling place to be and you can really hear the exhaust and soak up the experience. You don't need to be going fast but its nice to have some power to full back on. Its a blast and plenty quick enough with 450ps. But with 385 and less torque is a question only you can answer. Compared to your current car and with noticeably less power and significantly more weight the standard 4 may well feel a bit sluggish for you. But it depends what you are looking for and how you drive your current car.

Only you can answer that question and probably only a test drive will help you personally decide.

Jungle

Thank you for your responses and very useful feedback. I've decided against the T4. I had the opportunity to drive a 911C today and I definitely noticed the difference in power, the Dealer alluded to barley a difference and one I wouldn't notice, however, I did without the additional Targa weight. Thanks.

You could always drop the Targa 4 over to 9e.
I believe they can tune the 3lt turbo engine up to 480bhp for less than £2.5k.

Found a Targa S in the end in Miami Blue. Collected it Friday, very happy I didn't make the 4 purchase!

Rizzo said:
Found a Targa S in the end in Miami Blue. Collected it Friday, very happy I didn't make the 4 purchase!
Great news. :lol:
Any chance of some photos?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeff dussault
Back