Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 indicator lights vs 991.1

johnsnow

One of my indicator lenses is a touch foggy so im looking to replace it - is the 991.2 the same part as the 991.1?

Occasional condensation does seem to be an issue on the Gen 1 rear lights.

The part numbers are different and of course the Gen 2 lights have a 3D design on the outer face but the main stumbling block is that the rear bumper has a different profile around the lights.

Have a look at this video, which shows the lights side by side and the rear bumper 'notch'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZOq9F6kP1k

Front, side or rear :?:

If it's the rear light cluster, I agree with 911Time about condensation. Mine gets it in cold weather after over-zealous power washing but they always dry out and return to 'as new'. Takes a while sometimes but I wouldn't replace them given the cost for fear of having the same issue again.

Thanks its the small ones on the side above the front bumper.. its got water in it summer/winter so probably needs replacing

Also I noticed one of the front headlights has cracks in the glass - is their a way to find out if this a standard light or if its has the cornering plus feature?

johnsnow said:
Thanks its the small ones on the side above the front bumper.. its got water in it summer/winter so probably needs replacing

Also I noticed one of the front headlights has cracks in the glass - is their a way to find out if this a standard light or if its has the cornering plus feature?

johnsnow said:

Haven't seen problems with the side indicators, mostly the rear lenses fogging at the edges, or occasionally the lower edge of the front headlights.

I believe the side indicators are the same part on the 991.1 and 991.2

Re the headlamps, I'm surprised to hear of cracks. You could wind out the light unit (see your manual) to check part number but as there were a variety of lighting options, including PDLS and PDLS Plus, why not approach your local OPC with your chassis number and get them to confirm what options your car came with?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dicreamio
Back