Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 GTS Power

chris93

New member
Joined
4 Jun 2017
Messages
7
Still loving my .1 GTS for the noise and handling but I must say I dont think it is that fast. Don't get me wrong its not slow but When driving with a friend with a 981 Cayman S It was pretty much level whenever he pulled away. If its 430bhp I would say its making it for a very small amount of time! I guess modern turbo cars spoil us but should a 991 3.8 feel properly quick?

Chris
 
Ehhh? CaymanS? That's strange, your GTS powerband comes in at 5.5k revs so at that point you should be pulling away with ease. Sure nothings wrong with it?

They are not much slower than 991.2 GT3s to be honest.
 
chris93 said:
Still loving my .1 GTS for the noise and handling but I must say I dont think it is that fast.

If its 430bhp I would say its making it for a very small amount of time! I guess modern turbo cars spoil us but should a 991 3.8 feel properly quick?

:?

Are you sure you are putting your foot down hard enough Chris? There is a kick down on the accelerator, past what might feel like bottom of travel. My C2S 3.8 PDK feels incredibly quick to me, I would say easily sub 4 seconds to 60!

Have you tried a launch control start? Any issues / hesitation?
 
Tiger911 said:
Ehhh? CaymanS? That's strange, your GTS powerband comes in at 5.5k revs so at that point you should be pulling away with ease. Sure nothings wrong with it?

They are not much slower than 991.2 GT3s to be honest.

Well nothing I am aware of, it's from OPC and been into Northway for an inspection, no lights and feels smooth just not super quick to me, my daily car is a remapped Audi S1 so I just dont know if its the lack of low down torque. Haven't tried launch control yet but maybe need to do a timed run to see how far it is off stock.

I used to have a 981 GTS and I wouldn't say this feels much faster
 
TonyC911 said:
chris93 said:
Still loving my .1 GTS for the noise and handling but I must say I dont think it is that fast.

If its 430bhp I would say its making it for a very small amount of time! I guess modern turbo cars spoil us but should a 991 3.8 feel properly quick?

:?

Are you sure you are putting your foot down hard enough Chris? There is a kick down on the accelerator, past what might feel like bottom of travel. My C2S 3.8 PDK feels incredibly quick to me, I would say easily sub 4 seconds to 60!

Have you tried a launch control start? Any issues / hesitation?

All feels smooth to me! It's done 34k miles so you would assume its loosened up but maybe it just needs some spirited driving. Do the 3.8's suffer from carbon build up or any issues that would cause reduced power?
 
chris93 said:
Tiger911 said:
Ehhh? CaymanS? That's strange, your GTS powerband comes in at 5.5k revs so at that point you should be pulling away with ease. Sure nothings wrong with it?

They are not much slower than 991.2 GT3s to be honest.

Well nothing I am aware of, it's from OPC and been into Northway for an inspection, no lights and feels smooth just not super quick to me, my daily car is a remapped Audi S1 so I just dont know if its the lack of low down torque. Haven't tried launch control yet but maybe need to do a timed run to see how far it is off stock.

I used to have a 981 GTS and I wouldn't say this feels much faster

I had the 981 Boxster gts and I have to say that felt pretty quick but not straight line fast, more around the lanes and cornering fast.

I should be noticing a huge jump in my turbo s but even that doesn't feel 235 bhp faster.
Yes, I can overtake with extra confidence or pull away at a roundabout when I go into childish mode. But it's a much bigger car so perhaps it's the same for you. The 981s are more compact and the mid engine makes them a bit more go kart like (in a good way).

How long have you owned it. It took me around 1000 miles of driving to feel the capabilities and power. I know it's a different car for a gts but similar scenario coming out of the 981.
 

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
124,470
Messages
1,445,528
Members
49,609
Latest member
Outrigger
Back
Top