Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

986 Boxster Will only unlock drivers door.

rgracin

Trainee
The key fobs have not worked since owning the car, even with new batteries. This was low down on my to do list as it was easy enough to unlock with the key and then unlock everything else with the dash button.

However, since it's been stood for a while whilst I rebuilt the engine, and had a new battery, when I unlock the door and put the key in the ignition, the dash button does nothing. The only way I can unlock everything is with the following procedure:
Unlock door,
Open door
Key in ignition and turn to number 2
Turn key back and remove
Put key back in door lock and turn to unlock again.
Then everything unlocks fine.

As you can see, a pain in the arse!

So, everything works, but only after a convoluted procedure.

What can I do?

Thanks

R

Difficult to answer im afraid .. without a working key fob these cars can get confused at times ..

Its possible it's a passengers door lock messing around but it doesn't feel like it to me ..

I would stick a tester on it and check the values of the locks .. perhaps do a vehicle handover ( turn it off and turn it on .. a reset basically ) .

My feelings .. you need a key fob coded on .

Thanks again!

I guess I need a good plug in and diagnosis session.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back