Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 @ RPM Technik

BooSmile

Hey guys,

I know I should be looking at adverts for a diesel to commute in instead of this, but I've always loved the old porkers! :D

Basically, what are you thoughts on this 964 in regards to the pricing etc?

http://www.911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=4288

How would the yearly maintenance be, if I crazily decided to buy this and commute in it? :eek:

If I try hard, I can try to get the yearly miles down to around 6k miles by traveling only when it's definitely required... and use public transport instead for the rest. Or would this idea just be stupid? :lol:

I wonder how much they'll take for my 987 as p/x...

ad4288_img1_large.jpg

I think they have been discussing this car on Renlist.
Appears the body needs work form the general gist of things.

BooSmile said:
Hey guys,

I know I should be looking at adverts for a diesel to commute in instead of this, but I've always loved the old porkers! :D

Basically, what are you thoughts on this 964 in regards to the pricing etc?

http://www.911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=4288&sid=116d89a96b9f721fe8ea3c2d99d3b2f1

How would the yearly maintenance be, if I crazily decided to buy this and commute in it? :eek:
If I try hard, I can try to get the yearly miles down to around 6k miles by traveling only when it's definitely required... and use public transport instead for the rest. Or would this idea just be stupid? :lol:

I wonder how much they'll take for my 987 as p/x...
Hi just got 6K miles Insurance with performance direct for £195.00 if you drive careful about 25 to gallon or as it should be driven 15 hope ths help's
john

Attachments

• porschepercent20911percent2082_117.jpg
    porschepercent20911percent2082_117.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 3,125
Chief said:
I think they have been discussing this car on Renlist.
Appears the body needs work form the general gist of things.

Thought RPM did all this before sale
john

I noticed this last night on the RPM website. Very nice, looks good in the pics, will pop up next week to have a peek if it's still for sale. :thumbs:

I used to use mine fairly regularly before the major rebuild for commuting but now train it.

In London traffic mpg will drop to 16/17 or worse but if more of a mixed drive, you should get mid 20's. Servicing will be more costly and time consuming than your 987 though.

Keep it serviced regularly and it should be fine. You may find the valve guides wear a little quicker if you sit idling for long periods with the oil pressure low but mine went on for years before it needed the engine rebuilt.

Where would you rather be, your own proper Porsche or a diesel box? If you don't like it, you will always be able to buy a boxter again.

Rob.

Thanks for the replies everyone. :thumbs:
I guess this means I'll have to pop into RPM to have a peek at it. Lets see if I fall in love with it enough to forget about MPG on my commutes.... :D

Although if I'm honest, my heart is telling me to go for it anyway... :grin:

Sold and driven away this morning (not by me!)

Lets face it manual coupes 2 or 4 that are reasonably priced are sold very quickly these days.This car looks good with good work done recently priced under 20k from a very good Indy. Didn't see anything about mileage but with top and bottom done what's not to like :thumb:

That was quick! I'd assume that it was a very decent car for the money by how quick it sold.
Never mind. I guess it's back to finding a diesel box for me. :lol: :sad:

I'll get myself an old porker sometime in the near future though. I love the way they look.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V164
Back