Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Plan B

I can confirm that the NRG quick release works well and the horn function is retained by using a different horn contact that just plugs in. Nice and easy and works great.

Hello again,

It's been quite a while so please accept my apologies. The seasons have come and gone but there have been numerous trips out, most recently to Goodwood Revival and a few days touring around the south coast in some unbelievably warm September weather.

The rear tyres were getting down a bit so In preparation for the trip to Goodwood a new set of boots all round were fitted. With hot weather forecast I thought it might be a bright idea to have the HVAC re-gassed, I had noticed this summer it had been non-existent in the cooling department.

When the system was gassed up and she sat in the warm sunshine it looked like she was on fire with what looked like smoke coming from under the front near side wheel-arch, fortunately it was just £180 worth of gas, so in she went again.

t

The culprit turned out to be the condenser which sits above the HVAC radiator under the near side arch, easy fix. Well it would be if they had one in stock but that was never going to be a possibility so I would end up driving to Goodwood in near 30 degree heat with the windows open. I actually really enjoyed it, it was a throwback to 1970's and 80's blasting down to Spain when most cars of the era didn't have A/C, I'd forgotten what it was like, just the sound of the engine and it's frantic beat and the warm breeze to clearing my head.

t

I started with a legend, Jackie Ickx who as you all know along with Derek Bell are Porsche's most successful Le Mans racing drivers. So we'll finish with one, the last photo shows, I'm sure you will recognise the incomparable Richard Atwood preparing to race (the very first Porsche Le mans winner in 1970 with Hans Herrmann) sadly not a 917 but it's great to see him still competing 53 years later, and still counting.

I'm pleased to say the new condenser was fitted by Porsche immediately
I came home together with a complimentary re-gas.

Most recently I was invited and honoured by the local Porsche centre to take centre stand at the 60th Anniversary of the 911 hosted by Porsche at Bowes Museum, despite there being many equally or more deserving 911’s present with groups of 911 from other OPC's in the north of England.

October is MOT month and she’s running rich on idle and wouldn’t pass the emissions test. Redline Racing the well known Porsche Cup team are doing a remap of the Motec M84 and the MOT. Some of you may remember Redline (if you’ve read the blog only recently) did the suspension and tracking for the handling originally and are very familiar with the car, it’s always a pleasure to take a peek into their workshop, although the cups could do with some Brasso.

Apologies for all the photos but it saves writing!

Cheers for now,
Paul :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bll56
Back