Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Ownership costs

Mr Bacchus

Hi,

Just completed typing up the box of receipts I got with the car when I bought it in November, quite a task but it has yielded some interesting facts and info about ownership.

I thought I would share a few statistics on the cost of ownership:

Miles: 145,900

Total spend inc VAT: £48,847 (excluding tax, Insurance, fuel etc)

Total parts spend exc VAT: £25,261

Total labour spend exc VAT: £18,475

Average spend / year: £2035

Most expensive year: £7,617 (2009, almost entirely engine rebuild)

Cheapest year: £503 (1991, exc 1989 and 1990 at zero spend)

And a few other stats on wear parts:

Front tyres replaced: 9

Rear tyres replaced: 8

Front brake pads replaced: 10

Rear brake pads replaced: 8

Front discs replaced: 4

Rear discs replaced: 2

You've too much time on your hands!

:)

What is the mileage?

How odd. I've just spent 4hrs doing the same thing but my excel skills are not best ever to work out all the detail yet. Getting them into a spreadsheet was a priority.

What I can say is the car spent some time in a carcoon when not used and there are several faxes from the owner to AFN and Paragon complaining of poor gear selection, 'lost' gears and a clutch pedal that fails to rise without toe assistance. Finally resolved with several new parts under warranty :thumb:

It would also appear it has suffered with erratic idling, stalling from cold/hot a few times in its life - appears common to 964 :dont know:

You need to go into buying these cars with your eyes open as what starts as an annual service usually turns into 4 figures. £6k looks to have been the most expensive year. :eek:

If only they had sorted the AC instead of leaving it for me :sad:

Lemass Automotive said:
That's pretty impressive.
I'm gonna add up mine

This is my kind of OCD task...I will do this too! Just totted up my spending since I got the beast 8 months ago....just shy of £3k!

:eek:

Your brave men I just chuck my invoices in a box & will never total them up....way to scary :eek:

Ps I keep the box in the garage where the wife never goes.. :thumb:

fuch said:
Your brave men I just chuck my invoices in a box & will never total them up....way to scary :eek:

Ps I keep the box in the garage where the wife never goes.. :thumb:

Best way chum :thumb: I tell you when I eventually get to take it out every unusual noise and I'll be shaking like a shitting dog wondering how much that's going to cost :nooo:

New car looks the business.

Never add up all the invoices, just keep track of the work.

And whenever SHMBO asks, the answer is always "about £500"!!!!!

Rob.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macca2000
Back