Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 condensation under bonnet

peterdove

Can anyone shed light on terrible condensation appearing under the bonnet (boot0 on my 964 ? It's literally dripping and I can't see why ? :sad:

I had the same trouble last autumn/winter. I put it down to driving in damp conditions and the bonnet seal not fitting properly, then the pork sitting outside in all weather. I sorted the bonnet seal out and the pork now sleeps in the garage and this appears to have fixed the problem. Anything left in the luggage compartment used to get soaked if I drove in the rain!

Think this is a common thing so others may have more help for you...

A new bonnet seal definitely improved this with my car, but didn't eliminate it...a common issue, unfortunately.

Thanks for the replies.

I assumed it was likely the seal but thought it best to check first with those that have 'gone before me' !

I see that Design 911 have bonnet seals available at just under £ 50.00, but what kind of a job is it to fit ? I've just had a quick look but didn't want to prod and pull too much before I've got a replacement to fit, so can't see if it's tricky or easy ?

Can anyone give me a guide please ? Thanks.

It's not hard, but a bit time consuming.

On mine, after pulling off the old seal, there was a lot of glue residue/bits of old seal & 20 years of grime that had had to be removed. A complete PIA, but you need the cleanest surface you can get, for the new glue (I used Evostick).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back