Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 C4

Fraser

I'm not sure where the readers' rides thread went after the shake up of the board, so thought I'd post pics of my new mota here (sorry if its the wrong place, you're welcome to move me to 964 thread or wherever :lol: )

So....

964fns1.jpg

964rhs.jpg

964lhs.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103473

nice looking motor indeed,

I would lower it 30mm, and add then leave it, it looks fab it really does, very rare you see 964's non turbo in black.

happy days, tell us more

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103476

Frazer, she shows how much sensible mods can improve on the original without going ott. Nice.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103477

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 24 December 2006

nice looking motor indeed,

I would lower it 30mm, and add then leave it, it looks fab it really does, very rare you see 964's non turbo in black.

happy days, tell us more
Cheers Daz, I may lower it but I think I'll clatter round for a bit first and see how it goes - I've modded the '68 to death, so I'll leave this one for a bit :lol:

Not much else to tell really, I liked the look of the car - as you say you don't see many of them in black, and with the black wheels and the bridge spoiler it struck me as quite pretty. There are one or two forum users here who know what my plans are longer term, so this may just be a transitional thang (I said the same about the 968 two years ago, so I wouldn't take too much notice of that), but it's a nice car to drive, and I enjoy it immensely.

The reason for getting it was to see if I can learn to drive a rear engined car, and if I can that will pretty much determine the route I take [4wd and the fact it wasn't brand new also appealed to me, just in case I have a "moment" or two - these things happen, sadly].

I hope you're still enjoying your car? Mrs F is one of your car's fans, she's on her third yellow MR2 :wink:
- this one being a roadster, the last one being a turbo import.

Kind regards,

Fraser.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103478

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by paeffman on 24 December 2006

Frazer, she shows how much sensible mods can improve on the original without going ott. Nice.
Cheers Paeffman - my 68 has been done to death, so I'll leave this one alone for the mo....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103479

does look jolly nice with the black wheels the bridge spoiler and red paint on the calipers.

If it was mine, I would get the RS vent kit on the front, looks great, and change to clear lenses, stick a super charger on it, and use it as a sleeper;)

g8 car Fraser,

blow them away

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103480

Black does look good on a 964! Go on, tell us, what's your plan! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103483

That is very nicer - could tempt me into 964 ownership!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103487

Very nice mate - looks stunning 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103489

Nice one Fraser. Look forward to having a gander over it next week.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103502

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 24 December 2006

Nice one Fraser. Look forward to having a gander over it next week.
Hey, even I've not seen it proper yet!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103512

Thanks for the positive comments, and seasons greetings.

Doc Mick, if I can get my head round driving it I'd like to go for something with the same layout, ie engine at the back, but quicker and newer (a GT2 would be great, but issues with DLM [Domestic Line Management] I fear. If I can't drive it, then I may sack it, sack the '68 and get a Juno or an Atom for track work, and something a little less brutal for the road [I anticipate further meetings with DLM to discuss an agreeable way forward on this route too :wink:
].

That said, the '68 is a hoot, so may stay with that - lots to be said for driving to track days in the car you're tracking, rather than limbering up a trailer etc.

Ok, turning into an indicisive thread...or is it...?

Dave and Nicola, happy to run you both round the block (not at the same time, clearly) and it'll be good to catch up with you both in the week.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103576

Well I think you will have plenty of takers for the 964 if you get bored of it. A GT2 will be a bit of a change from a 964!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103582

Fraser, if you like the 964 then I'm sure you'll love the GT3 esp on track! The thing I like about the 911s is that you can drive it out of the garage, staright to the track, have a whole day of fun, drive back straight into the garage until the next time! Hope you enjoy the car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103585

just like your '68 Fraser.............thats stunning 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103635

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyt911c4s
Back