Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911uk Tea and cake - New kind of event

smtk

Paul Ricard
911uk seems to have a lot of boozy nights out type of events. But being a non drinker myself it’s not really my thing.

I wonder if there would be any interest in non alcohol fuelled meets. Say a meet up for tea and cake or paint ball. I know a lot of those old manor houses/castles have café’s such as Pembroke lodge in Richmond Park.

any thoughts?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105306

Me too... also non-drinker and a cream tea connisseur!

There are some brilliant tea shops around, in some wonderful locations that would make a great meeting point and an excuse to give the Porsche a nice run in the country...

OK, so maybe winter weather isn't always the best, but later in the year - a great day out!

Thinking about that, how about a leisurely 'Treasure Hunt' ending at a tea shop somewhere?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105309

I'd be up for a non-boozy event! And being a foody, I'm always game on for trying any new restaurants etc.

Or maybe one day we'll have a drive out to Bath for tea and scones in the Pump room?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105312

Sounds like a good Spring Tea and Scones London to Bath Run on the diary then! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105315

Great idea - only in the country until April and then away for 6 months. Goodwood Breakfast Club is always a good event (went to most of them last year) - Will keep an eye on the posts.

live in Hants.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105319

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 01 January 2007
I'd be up for a non-boozy event! And being a foody, I'm always game on for trying any new restaurants etc.

Or maybe one day we'll have a drive out to Bath for tea and scones in the Pump room?!

Have you tried parking in Bath recently? :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105322

Erm, no, but I'm sure there is a secure covered car park somewhere?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105337

Sounds like a great idea.

Also I like the idea of heading into the west country. Near to Bath is Cheddar Gorge which provides some great opportunities for testing ones exhaust out. Nice day in early spring (before the tourists come out) and you can loop back through the cotswolds.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105345

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by SeanD on 01 January 2007

Sounds like a great idea.Also I like the idea of heading into the west country. Near to Bath is Cheddar Gorge which provides some great opportunities for testing ones exhaust out. Nice day in early spring (before the tourists come out) and you can loop back through the cotswolds.
That area would be great for me - what about Burford in the Cotswolds or Broadway or Bourton on the water? All have lots of tea shops for all the old people who visit and will offer some good driving too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105348

I don't really know the area... maybe Sean and a few others more familiar with the area could put an itinerary together for all of us? :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105349

Arrive early in Bourton and park alongside the 'Water', those in need of 'alternative' entertainment can visit Birdland, those titty dances in the cages are a once in a lifetime experience :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105350

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 01 January 2007

I don't really know the area... maybe Sean and a few others more familiar with the area could put an itinerary together for all of us? :)
What, you want to go to more than one tea shop? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105351

Sounds good to me, one day at the weekend in early spring sounds good when the roads are a little drier... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105353

Just remembered there is a superb little hotel in Lower Slaughter (Cotswolds) that does a fantastic cream tea on the patio - loads of off road parking, beautiful scenery, nice walks nearby and we could have a great photo opportunity in front of a lovely old stone building...

Also reasonably central for most people...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105370

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Wattie on 01 January 2007

Just remembered there is a superb little hotel in Lower Slaughter (Cotswolds) that does a fantastic cream tea on the patio - loads of off road parking, beautiful scenery, nice walks nearby and we could have a great photo opportunity in front of a lovely old stone building...

Also reasonably central for most people...
Did you just offer to organise something Wattie? :wink:

Great for me - only 30minutes to the Slaughters and some good roads around there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 105380

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benlin1234
Back