Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 not going straight !

David 4S

Good mornign everyone.

I am the lucky owner of a 997 4S. Still, when driving on the motorways on a straight line, the car has a HUGE tendency to go right when the steering-wheel is centered.

Last time, my dealer explaned it was a flat tyred that they changed (did not see the old one by the way...). Problem still there.

Any clue out there? Thanks in advance for sharing,

David

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54409

i think this is a Porsche thing, mine does it despite having been totally re-tracked (£200+ !)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54410

mine was balanced apparently

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54414

totally balanced...mysterirous...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54417

or UK Porsche Dealer doing a proper job and testing the car before returning it to the owner...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54427

electronics are difficult to diagnose but not impossible

if there is a PASM fault then this could be a feature...

so if the tracking, wheel balance et al if fine...........

unless any of the suspension parts are cracked then the PASM is a prime suspect

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54443

otherwise you may have to try another OPC.... as the car shouldn't drift in another dierction

but kind of just depends on the technican..... and what they may find...... although I'm never convinced by these new age playstation technicans

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54459

I'd guess the smooth tyre was probably caused by the tracking, as opposed to bad tracking caused by worn tyre.

Two obvious causes spring to mind - worn wishbones or badly adjusted tracking.

That is where I'd start.....

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 54466

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markevo6
Back