Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 GT3 on track with 'Race Technology' Video & Data Log

Best of seen,love the mph as most are kph in these track clips,all the views are top draw :thumb:

p1rob said:
Best of seen,love the mph as most are kph in these track clips,all the views are top draw :thumb:

he has some quick and precise heal and toe action in those papa smurf shoes

After watching again think the speed and revs are a little out :?

911UK said:
p1rob said:

he has some quick and precise heal and toe action in those papa smurf shoes

Yes the heel and toe is pretty spot on :thumb:

Aha...so that's how you do it! I always thought you braked with the heel and blipped with the toe...it's no wonder I'm not allowed on a track :oops:

Interesting, I had no idea you were supposed to keep the car in the red that much :oops:

Engine sounds like it's being over-stretched to me? Is that how you're really supposed to drive on track?!

... I need to get out more...

Those graphics aren't matching what going on. Roro don't keep it in the red at all!! The limiter would have cut in anyway...

Shame the audio is out of sync too, all in all nice idea but...

Here's a good clip of H&T in a cup car, sequential shift but you get the idea, see how he primes the brakes prior to the bigger stops, gets the pads set.

y

Ok, thanks for clearing that up! Funny how my ears think the engine sounds stressed because I'm looking at that rev counter sitting in the red! That's not really Heal & Toe in that Cup car though...? He's not blipping the throttle on the downshifts? Or is he and I'm just not seeing it?! :)

:thumb:

Interesting stuff. I sometimes notice my brakes don't offer any initial bite after a long period of inactivity (such as on a motorway), especially in very wet conditions. It can be a bit unnerving as I have to press much harder than I'd expect to get any retardation. Noticed the same on my previous car too (RS4), so I guess a bit of priming first might be a good idea...

Roro said:
Ok, thanks for clearing that up! Funny how my ears think the engine sounds stressed because I'm looking at that rev counter sitting in the red! That's not really Heal & Toe in that Cup car though...? He's not blipping the throttle on the downshifts? Or is he and I'm just not seeing it?! :)

He is ONLY blipping the throttle on the downshifts, with his heel ( note spelling...) the only difference is no clutch or lift on the up shifts, its fast, watch it again :thumb:

.... Spleling itn't my strong poynt :D

I think I spelt 'jumped' as 'jumpt' the other day... :oops:

I'm clearly just too excited about Silverstone lol!!

I'm not sure what the customer has done in the processing to get an offset between the video and the sound, but the video is certainly a fair distance ahead!

The RPM and throttle data are coming from an OBDII interface, I can tell this from the slow update rate that you get from this, a CAN connection gives much faster updates where available. 996.2 onwards I believe.

The background graphics are just .jpg files which can be completely customised by the user, we provide a bunch of standard ones which can be used or you can edit / create your own. It seems that this user didn't change the background so that the redline isn't in the right place.

If anybody does want a custom overlay creating just let me know, our graphics guy is very good and can edit them in no time.

Martin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arv13
Back