Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 for tall guy

bigdave

Hi People,

Might sound like a strange question - but what's the best Porsche model (preferably classic) for a big guy like me who's 6ft 5in (1.99m) tall?

To be honest, I've been into old Merc's recently and my current runaround is a 1971 280 SE - lots of space but the petrol consumption's ruinous @ 14mpg and I'd like something a bit sportier to replace my Ducati motorbike.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4870

A convertible or targa I believe is your only option. Im 6ft 1 and my Dads 6ft 2 and we only just fit into a 993...so not much chance of you getting in an even smaller car...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4873

My mates 6ft 5' and he drives a 964 C2 no problem, he does need to have the seat on its lowest setting.

He also recently drove my 993 no problem.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4880

If you have to I believe there are ways of lowering the seats fixing kit and moving it back. The best people to ask are probably:Southbound Motor TrimmersLittle Dean Yard, London Road, Stockbridge, Hampshire, SO20 6EL, EnglandTel: + 44 (0) 1264 810 080, Fax: + 44 (0) 1264 810 080
http://www.southboundtrimmers.com/

Otherwise my guess would be a 928 would have more head and legroom than a 911

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4897

I'm 6ft 4in and have been in several 993's over the last month or so - not had a problem with headroom at all.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4913

i'm around 6ft 5in and have no problem in an 87 3.2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4940

A left hand drive 993 will have better leg room than rhd. Porsche do offer different seat hieght and position.

Adrian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4980

Ah..! Welcome to the forum Mr Crawford, good to a have a LHD "expert" on-board!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4982

Not THE Adrian Crawford ? My God ! Bloody Henry will be on here next :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4985

Hi 911 folk,I have a 1989 3.2 targa sport any one got advice for replacing or renewing the targa panel .Ive tryied south bound trimmers

They are fully booked until October and Ray Martin at AFN Reading never answers his voice mail. Duncan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5776

If all else fails, and its seems ALL 911s fit going by the responses you've had, suggest you either fit sports seatseats at their lowest setting or buy an Audi RS2 thingy - at least porsche designed and built(?) them, and they'll have lots of room.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6097

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back