Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 & Babies (a very new one!)

GG

I'm undoubtedly not the first to ask this question, but here's my twist on it.

I currently own an S2000 (which, I have enjoyed a great deal - so please no ragging!). I have also very recently become a Dad - so what do I do?

I've always fancied a 911, love the shape of the 993, prefer the internal surroundings of the 996 and would love to take the little one with me (as well as the wife, of course!).

Am I in cloud cuckoo land? I'm not even sure if you can fit a newborn in the rear seats of a 911 (with the obligatory rear facing seat). And even if I could, would I ever want to do this?

And to follow, if the answer was 'what are you waiting for?' and had up to 50k to spend, what would it be? I'm not desperate to spend the money (or at least all of it), and part of me thinks that it would rarely if ever get used to carry bambino.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10759

Hey GG, as an ex-S2000 myself welcome to the board!

I sometimes still yearn for that 9000 RPM redline (especially with the airbox off) :twisted:

I'm not too sure about rear-facing seats in the 911, I bought mine to accommodate a 3 & 4 year old and they love it. Have you spoken to an OPC? IMHO, a 996 would make a better candidate for transporting a new born over a 993. They are more civilised and have (slightly) larger seats in the rear.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10761

My pal has just done the research. 996 can get rear facing baby seat in easily and even a pram which fits in the luggage compartment.

Get the 993 when the wee one is old enough to brace himself for the G's you'll pull going round corners :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10767

The 996 pulls more G's...but I know what you mean :wink:

You certainly don't need to spend more than £35k for a nice 993, or £40k for a nice 996.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10779

I can easily fit a rearward facing seat in the back of my 3.2. The only downside is the passenger seat has to be moved very far forward. OK for short journeys but the wife complains if she has to have her knees beside her ears for too long :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10933

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back