Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 50 years: What momento to purchase as a mark in life!

michelin

Well-known member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
2,422
As title really.
I've viewed a few bits buit nothing really has caught my eye. Any ideas guys?
:thumb:
 
I've celebrated the 911-50 year as much as most people this year and have been quite disappointed with the merchandise on offer.

I bought a 911-50 cap at the museum shop in June and a few stickers for my rear screen/crash helmet but haven't bothered with anything else. I even resisted the 'very ordinary' T-Shirt and Polo shirt.

My mementos are the personal photobooks I've created this year and the plaque my car wore on the parade lap at Silverstone. Oh, and the video footage I've got of my trip to Stuttgart and of the 911 parade lap.

Roll on Turbo-40 next year. :thumb:
 
£60 for a calendar :eek:
 
Zingari said:
£60 for a calendar :eek:

Yes, includes VAT & VAPT!

~ Maxie :grin:
 
Zingari said:
£60 for a calendar :eek:

The reverse of each month is printed too, so the next year you flip it round and there is a message instead of a picture, as follows:

January: "A fool and his money are soon parted"

February: "If you can afford our cars, we can charge what we like"

March: "You would pay £60 for a turd if it had the word Porsche on it"

April: "How much do you think it cost us to make this calendar?"

May: "The Argos catalogue has 600 more colour pages and is free"

June: "You have no financial acumen"

July: "You could always buy a leather bracelet for £300 you know"

August: "It's just a bit of shoe lace you absolute cretin"

September: "With a magnetic clasp of pet collar quality"

October: "We own you"

November: "In ten years time we'll do a 60th and churn out this stuff again"

December: "To you, or if you're not around then some other mug like you"


I'm getting two, I like the cretin bit, and the bit that implies I'm like their pet.




:thumbs:
 
clarkycat said:
Zingari said:
£60 for a calendar :eek:

The reverse of each month is printed too, so the next year you flip it round and there is a message instead of a picture, as follows:

January: "A fool and his money are soon parted"

February: "If you can afford our cars, we can charge what we like"

March: "You would pay £60 for a turd if it had the word Porsche on it"

April: "How much do you think it cost us to make this calendar?"

May: "The Argos catalogue has 600 more colour pages and is free"

June: "You have no financial acumen"

July: "You could always buy a leather bracelet for £300 you know"

August: "It's just a bit of shoe lace you absolute cretin"

September: "With a magnetic clasp of pet collar quality"

October: "We own you"

November: "In ten years time we'll do a 60th and churn out this stuff again"

December: "To you, or if you're not around then some other mug like you"


I'm getting two, I like the cretin bit, and the bit that implies I'm like their pet.


:thumbs:


What about the other 4 months :?:
 
clarkycat said:
March: "You would pay £60 for a turd if it had the word Porsche on it"

:thumbs:

I've tried polishing a few in my time but with limited success :nooo:
 
You Zingari are properly funny. Get down south for a meet or two, I feel compelled to buy you a cup of tea and some chat.
 
Wine cooler and classic tyre pressure gauge :thumb:
 
pzero said:
You Zingari are properly funny. Get down south for a meet or two, I feel compelled to buy you a cup of tea and some chat.

It's actually his wife that does most of the posting. Zingers is just a front. When you meet him you will think you are trapped in a 1960s episode of Daktari.

Plus, he doesn't bend in the middle.

:floor:




(Sorry, Brian, I thought it was funny. This red wine is good stuff)
 
T8 said:
clarkycat said:
Zingari said:
£60 for a calendar :eek:

The reverse of each month is printed too, so the next year you flip it round and there is a message instead of a picture, as follows:

January: "A fool and his money are soon parted"

February: "If you can afford our cars, we can charge what we like"

March: "You would pay £60 for a turd if it had the word Porsche on it"

April: "How much do you think it cost us to make this calendar?"

May: "The Argos catalogue has 600 more colour pages and is free"

June: "You have no financial acumen"

July: "You could always buy a leather bracelet for £300 you know"

August: "It's just a bit of shoe lace you absolute cretin"

September: "With a magnetic clasp of pet collar quality"

October: "We own you"

November: "In ten years time we'll do a 60th and churn out this stuff again"

December: "To you, or if you're not around then some other mug like you"


I'm getting two, I like the cretin bit, and the bit that implies I'm like their pet.


:thumbs:


What about the other 4 months :?:

That's way over my head, Terry.
 
PeterS said:
pzero said:
You Zingari are properly funny. Get down south for a meet or two, I feel compelled to buy you a cup of tea and some chat.

It's actually his wife that does most of the posting. Zingers is just a front. When you meet him you will think you are trapped in a 1960s episode of Daktari.

Plus, he doesn't bend in the middle.

:floor:




(Sorry, Brian, I thought it was funny. This red wine is good stuff)

Than would explain my uncomfortable feeling when I met my idol at Waddesdon and I thought I had stepped into a scene from Village of the Damned!
 
PeterS said:
pzero said:
You Zingari are properly funny. Get down south for a meet or two, I feel compelled to buy you a cup of tea and some chat.

It's actually his wife that does most of the posting. Zingers is just a front. When you meet him you will think you are trapped in a 1960s episode of Daktari.

Plus, he doesn't bend in the middle.

:floor:




(Sorry, Brian, I thought it was funny. This red wine is good stuff)

Crikey! Daktari, I've not heard of that for a while. Is Zingari cross eyed?
 
PeterS said:
T8 said:
clarkycat said:
Zingari said:
£60 for a calendar :eek:

The reverse of each month is printed too, so the next year you flip it round and there is a message instead of a picture, as follows:

January: "A fool and his money are soon parted"

February: "If you can afford our cars, we can charge what we like"

March: "You would pay £60 for a turd if it had the word Porsche on it"

April: "How much do you think it cost us to make this calendar?"

May: "The Argos catalogue has 600 more colour pages and is free"

June: "You have no financial acumen"

July: "You could always buy a leather bracelet for £300 you know"

August: "It's just a bit of shoe lace you absolute cretin"

September: "With a magnetic clasp of pet collar quality"

October: "We own you"

November: "In ten years time we'll do a 60th and churn out this stuff again"

December: "To you, or if you're not around then some other mug like you"


I'm getting two, I like the cretin bit, and the bit that implies I'm like their pet.


:thumbs:


What about the other 4 months :?:

That's way over my head, Terry.

According to the advert it's a 16 month calendar. :wink:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
123,985
Messages
1,435,985
Members
48,357
Latest member
dirtyrdier00
Back
Top