Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911-50 Grill badge did anyone get one of these ?

clinchy993

Grill badge limited run !!

1001298_10200220729466888_246024280_n.jpg

^what he said i want one
:bandit:

Any OPC.

They are £75

Sorry, no PCGB discount and only 911 units.

http://shop1.porsche.com/uk/specials/50years911/

In the end, I thought they were all a bit tawdry, especially as the 911 image used with the 911-50 logo is not an iconised 911: the timeless silhouette encompassing all 50 years and seven distinct numeric model types, but a tacky PR stunt using a 991 drawing!

Thus ostracising the other six.

Instead, I thought I'd celebrate fifty years of the flat-six with one of these:

photo.JPG

PS - something like this would have better embodied the iconised 911 shape:

porsche_id_carerracup.gif

I got an engineering buddy of mine to put this together for me,

Cylinder & piston £60 off ebay
Clock £25 off ebay

Cheaper than the wine cooler option from PD and has centre stage on our mantlepiece, much to the chagrin of wifey who keeps wanting to put a vase of flowers there !!!

It even lights up !!!

Attachments

• porsche_clockaa_211.jpg
    porsche_clockaa_211.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 10,686
That's cool.

I had thought about making my own (given the ridiculous price), and scoured eBay to no avail (even looking over the 1.8L Beetle/Bus conversion barrels, admittedly by that point just to make the right diameter wine cooler, than obviously celebrate the 911)

Ironically, there was/is a brand new single cylinder and piston set (OEM Mahle) on the 'Bay this weekend bid up to only that sort of money.

Oh well, I had better make sure I keep the box!

Saw those in the porsche museum..nowhere to attach it on mine - unless I'm being thick. Which is quite possible :puh:

pirellipete said:

Clock £25 off ebay

Cheaper than the wine cooler option from PD and has centre stage on our mantlepiece, much to the chagrin of wifey who keeps wanting to put a vase of flowers there !!!

It even lights up !!!

Thats brilliant !

pirellipete said:

Clock £25 off ebay

It even lights up !!!

Very creative, of course another less practical tribute would be to build a giant glass display cabinet/garage into your house for your Porsche so you can look at it from your living room.

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/6/7/House-Built-Surrounding-Owner-s-Porsche-911-7714718/

Attachments

• 279603_632.jpg
    279603_632.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 10,567
Next they'll be putting the clock in a fan blade housing :roll:

:hand:

Surely no need, what with your fancy pants G-Shock :dont know:

Nattyboy said:
Saw those in the porsche museum .........

So did I. I thought it was a set of drinks coasters :oops:

I also thought it was expensive for 4 so didn't bother.

At first I guessed it was free but when I found out the price I'm not as fussed about one as I was.

Now what can i make out of 10 valves, 3 timing chains, 8 vario + tappets, an IMS a couple of oil pumps and an input shaft from my gearbox.

clinchy993 said:
Grill badge limited run !!

1001298_10200220729466888_246024280_n.jpg

How do you attach it ? or which grills are they designed for ?

Any pics of it on the car :?:

cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back