Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911.1 vs 911.2 stock exhaust

krishcanag

Trainee
Hello,
Is it true that 911.1 exhaust is louder than 911.2?
Any videos welcome.

Thanks
Krish

If you are talking about the stock sports exhaust - ie PSE.... then this is my take. In short the answer is yes, the 991.1 is fruitier and deeper rather than strictly louder.

Both sound good and the 991.2 is great in unison, but side by side with the 991.1 the .1 car has the edge. They are different, the .2 cars have a turbo whistle and crackles, where as the .1 cars are deeper and have burbles and overrun. So down to personal taste. There is no doubt in my mind the N/A engine in the 991.1 has my vote, for pure sound. But as mentioned dont discount the 991.2 as they do sound very good.

Take a look at a Nick Murray video for comparison, but nothing like listening to each in the flesh.

Jungle

Jungle650 said:
If you are talking about the stock sports exhaust - ie PSE.... then this is my take. In short the answer is yes, the 991.1 is fruitier and deeper rather than strictly louder.

Both sound good and the 991.2 is great in unison, but side by side with the 991.1 the .1 car has the edge. They are different, the .2 cars have a turbo whistle and crackles, where as the .1 cars are deeper and have burbles and overrun. So down to personal taste. There is no doubt in my mind the N/A engine in the 991.1 has my vote, for pure sound. But as mentioned dont discount the 991.2 as they do sound very good.

Take a look at a Nick Murray video for comparison, but nothing like listening to each in the flesh.

Jungle

:yeah:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsl997
Back