Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

718 GT4RS

krishcanag

Trainee
Anyone here managed to get one ordered? It seems as normal Porsche don't have enough to go around.....why bother making these cars then

Krish

I don't think it's limited production if I remember from Preuninger's video
It will certainly be difficult to get a look in for now :?

I have applied with my OPC and offered my 718 GT4 in part-ex, however numbers are expected to be extremely limited, early indications are that they only expect 3, and they are a big OPC.

I was told it would be far easier to get a 992 GT3.

Slayer said:
I don't think it's limited production if I remember from Preuninger's video
It will certainly be difficult to get a look in for now :?

It's a 2 year wait for a 718GT4, and all second hand are still selling above list. I suspect the reality of the RS is never despite supposedly being not limited :?:

how much do you think the first cars on autotrader will go for? 250K?

crash7 said:
I have applied with my OPC and offered my 718 GT4 in part-ex, however numbers are expected to be extremely limited, early indications are that they only expect 3, and they are a big OPC.

I was told it would be far easier to get a 992 GT3.

If I had the wonga/special permission/brownie points, I'd go for the GT3 over the GT4.

The RS only makes sense at list price, which it will never be, so it makes no sense. The standard GT4 remains the bargain of the Porsche world, but again you cant buy one new....

spongebob squarepants said:
The RS only makes sense at list price, which it will never be, so it makes no sense. The standard GT4 remains the bargain of the Porsche world, but again you cant buy one new....

But it's a underwhelming car, performance and sound. My 718 2.5T will not be far behind except on a track I guess.

I was offered some time ago but didn't want it. I actually want a gt3 but at 140k 911.2 is too much it was 125k

Krish

But it's a underwhelming car, performance and sound. My 718 2.5T will not be far behind except on a track I guess.

I was offered some time ago but didn't want it. I actually want a gt3 but at 140k 911.2 is too much it was 125k

Krish

But isn't that the whole point of the GT4? To be quicker around a track.

Clearly .2 GT3 buyers don't agree they are too much as they ain't hanging around long at £140k, list on these is pretty irrelevant.

krishcanag said:

Krish

Youre saying the turbo 2.5 is close to the GT4? Are you related to Harrie by any chance :grin: Id say chalk and cheese, but it s actually more

m119cars said:

Krish

But isn't that the whole point of the GT4? To be quicker around a track.

Clearly .2 GT3 buyers don't agree they are too much as they ain't hanging around long at £140k, list on these is pretty irrelevant.

Its a long running debate... The point in the GT4 defo isnt being quicker around the track, otherwise everyone would want the PDK as its miles quicker. The GT3 remains the holy grail for most, but in non chocolate engine form as you say 140k is mental, twice as much as a decent 981 GT4, twice as good? No where near!

It seems to me that the great irony of Porsche is that it cannot make as many (sports) cars as there is demand, even if it is a volume manufacturer, and we are in a situation where people cannot get hold of the cool stuff, as much of it is gobbled up and stashed by the collectors/repeat offenders who are prepared to pay premiums for rarity and big garages of undriven ornaments; where these are essentially meant to be drivers cars.

On the other hand, maybe from the overall business perspective, it makes sense that they are trying to drive us into showrooms where we will buy Macans or Cayennes or Taycans or whatever, where there are bigger margins, but they could be making revenue and margin on the sports cars too :nooo:

krishcanag said:

Krish

Youre saying the turbo 2.5 is close to the GT4? Are you related to Harrie by any chance :grin: Id say chalk and cheese, but it s actually more

Well, on a track no, the 718 gt4 is much better, in a B road, 2.5T PDK and 4.0 manual gt4 there is nothing in it, just the sound even if that's not the same as 981 GT4 which I drove and found I will stick with mine in terms of performance but sound no comparison

MaxA said:
It seems to me that the great irony of Porsche is that it cannot make as many (sports) cars as there is demand, even if it is a volume manufacturer, and we are in a situation where people cannot get hold of the cool stuff, as much of it is gobbled up and stashed by the collectors/repeat offenders who are prepared to pay premiums for rarity and big garages of undriven ornaments; where these are essentially meant to be drivers cars.

On the other hand, maybe from the overall business perspective, it makes sense that they are trying to drive us into showrooms where we will buy Macans or Cayennes or Taycans or whatever, where there are bigger margins, but they could be making revenue and margin on the sports cars too :nooo:

Totally agree, porsche I think at least in UK, there knight be a back hand deal where the née buyer of a gt4rs for example 3 months later puts it up for sale with a mark up of 60k on purchase price and splits the 60k.
The buyer gets his car both the OEM and other dealer or special person keeps making money every time a new GT car is designed

if the products were rubbish, the over pricing and flipping wouldn't work.

If people are prepared to pay 230k for a GT3 listed at 130k then that's fine. If anything Porsche should change the list price to 230K.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back