Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

7 year itch and she's gone

FZP

Zandvoort
Well I've gone and done it. After 7 awesome years I've sold my 997.2 to force the process of a new car. It's been something I've been meaning to do for s couple of years, but it's been so good that it made it hard decision, especially with the Tubi exhaust. Hopefully it finds a home with someone on here, who's an enthusiast.
Now search can begin for its replacement. Am stuck on a 987.2 GT3, 991.1 GT3 and 991.2 GT3 with 3 pedals. I hear conflicting things about each, but until I drive them, who knows.
Let the fun begin

Best of luck with your search... great shortlist!

Just out of interest, what made you decide to sell it to the trade, rather than sell privately, or wait and trade it in against your dream car?

TonyC911 said:
Best of luck with your search... great shortlist!

Just out of interest, what made you decide to sell it to the trade, rather than sell privately, or wait and trade it in against your dream car?
The market is rather energized at the moment and there wasn't a big enough difference between what I was paid for the car vs private sale to warrant the effort.

I like the idea of a 987.2 GT3.......good luck with the search for that :grin:

The best part is the search and trying different models, good luck.

I would love a GT3 but I am not allowed any more toys for now.

jonttt said:
I like the idea of a 987.2 GT3.......good luck with the search for that :grin:
The closest to a 987 GT3 is the 981 Spyder, and unless the roof is a one button job, Mrs P will give me 🖕.

There's a bug jump in price between 991.1 and 991.2 GT3s, but if budget allows then definitely the 991.2 GT3 is the way to go. With the 4.0 engine and no known engine issues that would be my choice. IMO, and have others have stated on this forum "buy the newest car that you can afford".

Blimey Frank , you finally parted with the 997 . I will be watching closely your process into the next car mate . :thumb: :thumb: I have to admit I do like the look of the 991.1 GT3 there's a Miami blue one that I see regularly around here. Not sure if it had any gremlins though , which one had issues with engine mounts coming away from the chassis :dont know: :?: was it the .1 or the .2. :thumb: :thumb:

Guess you have already spotted the black 991.1 clubsport at Harbour Cars mate :thumb:

FZP said:
Well I've gone and done it. After 7 awesome years I've sold my 997.2 to force the process of a new car. It's been something I've been meaning to do for s couple of years, but it's been so good that it made it hard decision ........

:worship: for making that jump.

I've been in a similar position for a couple of years myself and when a possible alternative car turns up have always found myself weighing up the 'cost to change' and 'comparative value for money' aspects.

It has crossed my mind to sell first and then go searching for a replacement but I've never been that brave.

Happy Hunting :thumb:

ps. It'll be interesting to see what Ashgoods put your old car up for.

Not an easy decision but I feel like I needed to force my hand. I thought I'd take advantage of the shortage of cars for a quick sale. I could have gone down the private sale path and I would have had to spend a little that would have only increased the sale price, but not netted me any extra cash. Ashgoods have the resources to make it viable for them to do.
What I've learned shopping the car around talking to the various big names in that space is that their reputations are well deserved. You only need to speak with fringe players, to see the difference. Chalk and cheese.
As for the search, a lovely 9k mile 997.2 GT3 comfort has shown up, but I am of the opinion that once lockdown is done, that there will be a bunch of people looking to make changes. That seemed to be backed up by the dealers. So although prices may not soften dramatically, there will be greater choice. Time will tell.
My car has already sold according to the Ashgood website. :bandit: That is rather pleasing to see.

The problem is lack of test drive availability at the moment.

All you can do is buy 'click & collect' style, and then use the distance selling laws for 14day return if you decide it's not for you. (There may be a mileage charge for the miles you add)

I've just bought a new winter hack, and was struggling to decide between Golf R or GTi performance pack.

Have gone for the GTi although never got to drive an R.

Excellent choices on your list (ever so slightly jealous)

FZP said:
...... My car has already sold according to the Ashgood website. :bandit: That is rather pleasing to see.

And at £39,995 which seems a bit high for an early Gen2. A fine testament to the condition and history.

I did chuckle when I saw the mileage advertised as "51,000 miles" and a pic showing it as 51,991 :grin:

T8 said:
FZP said:
...... My car has already sold according to the Ashgood website. :bandit: That is rather pleasing to see.

And at £39,995 which seems a bit high for an early Gen2. A fine testament to the condition and history.

I did chuckle when I saw the mileage advertised as "51,000 miles" and a pic showing it as 51,991 :grin:
Ha, yes. I did see that. There were some kind comments on their Insta post of it too. Strangely I've not grieved yet. Perhaps I'm in denial :grin:

FZP said:
.... Strangely I've not grieved yet. Perhaps I'm in denial :grin:

Looking at your signature line it seems that you are. :grin:

T8 said:
FZP said:
.... Strangely I've not grieved yet. Perhaps I'm in denial :grin:

Looking at your signature line it seems that you are. :grin:
:coat:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members