Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

6 Months of Ownership, and....

911_AS

...I still love it.

I bought my first ever 911 back in April this year, fulfilling a life-long dream for most Porsche petrol heads.

6 months later, and I can proudly say the car has not lost any of it's appeal. The novelty simply has not worn off at all, and I don't think it will for a very very long time. It's still as pleasing as the day I got it, and there aren't too many cars I can say that about after having owned them for a number of months.

I'd love to hear feedback from those in a similar place to me, and especially those owners who've lived with their 911's for a number of years. Is the appreciation and appeal still present, after such a long time? Honest answers only please.

I also had a long held desire to own a 911 and finally bought a 997gen 2 C2s in February this year.
The novelty has not worn off at all, I love it to bits. A recent trip to Scotland also proved to me what a great long distance cruiser it can be.

3 years + 2 months of 997 C4S driving and 16k miles...has the novelty worn off? Hell no!

~ Maxie :)

I never keep a car longer than two years.

I've had my 911 for three years this month. Make of that what you will.

Had mine about 6 months now and done almost 4000 miles (that's a lot for me). I still peek out the window to look at it, and I'm still smiling every time I drive it! :D

I had my 1st 911 for a year back in 2009.

Owning that car got into my blood like no other.

I went for it again in July this year - have to say it, just love it.

Can't explain it. Everytime I look at it, I get that feeling - kind of stirs the soul - only way to put it into words.

I don't think that it will go.

I had a c2s for 3 years and sold 18 months ago to get all practical ...

And then

Just bought a c4s - pse or hack a must though - it's the raawww when you turn the key for me ...!

This is a keeper

Had a 997 4S for 21/2 years... then sold it, as I thought I could live without it.

After 3 months, I realised I was wrong! :frustrated:

Spent nearly a year looking for the right car to replace it...
and collected my gen. 2 997 Targa 4S last week.

Can't see myself making the same mistake twice! :thumb:

I'm confident that the ooze and appeal will never fade with owning a 911, especially after reading all the responses. Cheers guys.

May this year was my first Porsche, a 997.1 C4. 7K miles so far. Winter tyres in the garage.

I still peak at it through the window. :thumbs:

I've owned my Turbo for 4.5 years and still love it to bits. I still take it out just for a drive and can't see me parting with it in the near future.

I went out for a drive (alone) last Sunday. The weather was fantastic, the roads epic and enjoyed the pootle and odd turbo adrenaline rush every now and then. Fantastic scenery, fantastic car and no missus' wingeing about the pain on full boost! :lol:

Fantastic scenery, fantastic car and no missus' wingeing about the pain on full boost

You had me at "No Missus wingeing...."

stokie1 said:
I had a c2s for 3 years and sold 18 months ago to get all practical ...

And then

Just bought a c4s - pse or hack a must though - it's the raawww when you turn the key for me ...!

This is a keeper

I'd be interested to hear further about your thoughts C2S v C4S. Perhaps a separate thread?

~ Maxie :?:

Bought my 997.1 C2S in June after 5 years of saving (had a 'Porsche' account), and convincing the wife the time was right to buy my dream sports car 5 months before the birth of our firstborn! The idea being to have the car for the summer while it was just the two of us. Still can't believe I'm driving the car I've coveted since being a teenager, and I still get that pang of excitement every time I open the garage :D

We took her around Denmark and Sweden and back down the autobahn :thumb: and she performed as beautifully as a GT as when being flicked around the back roads. Absolutely love her!!

She's a keeper, I'm planning on shipping her back to New Zealand eventually and turning her into a classic :grin:

After 3.5 years of 911 ownership and a couple of thoughts of straying from the fold I decided that the only car that would replace my 996C4 would be a newer 911.

6 months on and I still feel the same. When the time comes the only question will be ....... which one ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Hack
Back