Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

24 Hour Test Drive

Simon W

Barcelona
It would seem there has been a spate of 24 hour Porsche test drivers on this forum...What's the story? I would be keen to get my hands on any new Porsche for 24 hours - no doubt about it. Hatfield's my nearest OPC and I've used them quite a bit.

Can anyone fill me in on this (obviously vital) piece of info that has completely passed me by? Was it invitation only? If so, HOW DO YOU GET AN INVITE???

Ta.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112001

Ihonestly dont know. Mine just appeared in the post last November or so.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112003

I got an invite, and had a 997 C4 targa for 24 hours.

I have no idea where they got my name from, and when I asked it transpires they are targeting potential future 911 drivers. I have to say its worked with me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112006

Simon it appears there are a few of us still waiting for the "Golden Ticket". Rumour has it that Porsche GB are letting the more lowly people have test drives of the lower end of range first. Once this has been done their "special" clients will have a choice between the 997 Turbo, 997 GT3, 997 GT3RS and the CGT.

Failing that a phone call direct to your contact at the OPC may help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112011

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 25 January 2007

Rumour has it that Porsche GB are letting the more lowly people have test drives of the lower end of range first. Once this has been done their "special" clients will have a choice between the 997 Turbo, 997 GT3, 997 GT3RS and the CGT.

Very Good. How I wish that were true.... I might give Hatfield a call. Doubt they are interested in us 993 drivers tho.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112013

I have expressed interest in a 997 in the past and am on the sales database at Solihull. The only reason I can think to get an invite.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112015

Still waiting myself... :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112016

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by michaelpa on 25 January 2007

I have no idea where they got my name from, and when I asked it transpires they are targeting potential future 911 drivers. I have to say its worked with me!
Any thoughts on the Targa as I'd like to try one after my C4S loan?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112022

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Simon W on 25 January 2007

It would seem there has been a spate of 24 hour Porsche test drivers on this forum...What's the story? I would be keen to get my hands on any new Porsche for 24 hours - no doubt about it. Hatfield's my nearest OPC and I've used them quite a bit.

Can anyone fill me in on this (obviously vital) piece of info that has completely passed me by? Was it invitation only? If so, HOW DO YOU GET AN INVITE???

Ta.

My invite was a surprise but did coincide with a visit to the local OPC.

I can tell you that there was an awful lot of checks on my credit rating towards the end of 2006 but couldn't say if that was simply a coincedence.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112026

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Anthony Corbett on 25 January 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by michaelpa on 25 January 2007

Any thoughts on the Targa as I'd like to try one after my C4S loan?

I loved it - cabin was so bright. Noticably flexy though - not so much to impare the drive, but I doubt the tin top does it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112027

I presume that I got the invite as i bought a new Cayenne from OPC last year and had expressed a strong interest in a 997. So strong in fact, they let me borrow a 997 C4S for a couple of days last year. Actually, I now remember that after I had ordered the Cayenne and before it was delivered I blagged a Cayenne demonstrator out of them for a long-weekend, four days.

Pop in, express an interest and insist!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112363

I may be wrong here, but in the good old days salespeople used to take the demonstration vehicles home after work, as their 'company cars', and getting an overnight demo was like getting blood out of a stone! (I hated going home in some old shed of a part-exchange when 'my' brand-new Merc / Jag was out on loan!)

Now, they don't want to pay the tax on the perk and insist on sensible cars (usually a Golf or an A3 or something from another franchise within the dealer group).

So the dealer is probably better off (from a security point of view) if the demo's are all away from the dealership overnight - hence the willingness to offer these 24-hour test-drives.

Got to cancel my C4S drive as I have to work that day now :roll:
... Will try and re-schedule it, but is everyone being asked to collect their car at 12:30 pm on a weekday? Or is that just my OPC?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112382

I was asked to collect at 6PM and back for same time next day however I insisted on 5PM which they reluctantly agreed. I think weekdays only is accross the board.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112384

Sounds about right. They were pretty flexible with timing and I collected Friday afternoon and returned Saturday :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112467

Got a letter through from Porsche today, thought great - an offer for demo. Alas no, just a leaflet giving details of porsche approved bodyshops in my area! nice.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112468

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V164
Back