Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2019 interior fit in a 2012

teekay

Hi Guys..

just wondering if i could pjut the new 2019 4s 991.2 interior in my 2012 991.1

Hi

I assume you mean the 992 interior, not the 991.2 as you said 2019 spec? If you mean the 991.2 interior there's not much difference but the wheel and PCM would be nice (costly) upgrades. I can't see it being possible to swap in a complete 992 interior :dont know:

Below text from a topspeed article but probably not what you're after.

The 991.2's interior is pretty much identical to the outgoing model, with the main highlight being the new steering wheel. Based on the 2014 Porsche 918 Spyder's, the three-spoke steering wheel looks and feels sportier, featuring improved grip sections and aluminum center inserts. When the Carrera is equipped with the optional Sport Chrono Package, it receives a mode switch derived from the hybrid map switch of the 918 Spyder. The new feature consists of a rotary dial with four positions for the driving modes, including Normal, Sport, Sport Plus, and Individual. Also, models fitted with the PDK transmission come with a Sport Response button that sets the drivetrain for maximum acceleration.

More updates are to be found in the technology department. There's a new Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system (with an online navigation module) that can be operated by multi-touch gestures on the upgraded 7-inch display. It includes an expanded range of functions and simplified operation, Wi-Fi connectivity for smartphones, and Apple CarPlay for iPhones. For the first time, the 911 received Google Earth and Google Streetview besides real-time traffic information.

You could change the wheel but you can't swap the PCM3 to a PCM4 thats about it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back