Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2005 997 3.6 Carrera Tiptronic ATF cooler removal

montygraphics

Silverstone
Hi all. I have a leaking ATF cooler on my Tiptronic gearbox which I am trying to replace. Has anyone done this themselves and if so how did you get to the top 2 bolts that hold it on. There is no clearance with the gearbox in place as far as I can see.

Wil be very grateful for any advice. Many thanks.

I've included the relevant part of the Instructions on this job and i'm afraid you can see just how useless porsche instructions are at times.

Rule of thumb is if they have no idea how to get something undone they just say undo it .

I've done one of these but many many years ago ,, i remember the top bolts were a bitch .. from memory it was a selection of different tools and finding something i could get in there to undo them ..

A ramp and its easier but its not a pleasant job to get these out .

Basically i can't help much here im afraid .

Attachments

• cooler_1_166.jpg
    cooler_1_166.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 661

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malaking
Back