Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2000 rpm impossible on my 993

imported_Mitch Rustem

Hi all,

I have just bought myself a Gtech Pro SS performance meter. I need to calibrate it to the 993 at certain revs. The first calibration is done at 4000 rpm, this has been no problem and calibration was done successfully. However the second calibration at 2000 rpm is impossible. I have asked other people to try and keep the pedal down at a level as to run the engine at 2000 rpm, they also could not do this simple task.

Applying the slightest pressure on the accelerator revs the engine to around 2200 or just above, take the slightest pressure off and its down to a steady 800 rpm.

Please, for my sanity can somebody kindly try this and let me know if it is at all possible? I rang my mechanic and he suggested I do this by applying the hand brake, selecting a gear and controlling the revs with the clutch. I haven't tried this as yet but am pretty sure it will work. I'm just puzzled as to why it is not possible simply by applying the necessary pressure on the accelerator.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71852

My 993 was exactly the same, dont know why,

I though I had a faulty air flow meter, however the car went ok.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 71854

Mitch, mine does that as well..... seems to be stable quite higher.... but makes keeping a balanced throttle a bit tricky on track days !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72000

Cheers guys. At least I now know this is not a problem and is common to all 993's.

Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 72067

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back