Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200 Cel cats with a PSE.. Help me narrow the options

Aphill80

Silverstone
Hi all.

Basically Ive had a very loose collar on one of the cat pipes which has now been repaired but its removed the sound i thought was normal so the new normal is rather disappointing.

I don't want something that gets me a OSBO.. i want my little burble and rumble back... no interest in HP gains.. but of course will not turn away a couple of extra HP... if its part and parcel.

Thoughts on just 'straight' 200cel cats understanding is these are better then the xpipe and u-bend i think , Paired with PSE and standard headers? internet research is a mine field and I am reading a lot of posts on forums that are pretty old and also regularly contradict each other.

Short of undoing the collar that was just fixed lol... I am wondering what the current thinking is here.

Thanks

Andy

I have these spare ... not sure what they really are (they came with the car) so if you can use them please feel free to make an offer.

Attachments

• pt28_205.jpeg
    pt28_205.jpeg
    720.2 KB · Views: 706
  • img_0784_158.jpeg
    img_0784_158.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 706
  • img_0785_136.jpeg
    img_0785_136.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 706
Thanks Ratattak , they are clearly cats but I am not really sure what they are either. :grin:

Consider 100cel cats too. Mine has them and the car is well below max emissions allowed come MOT time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NBavers
Back