Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2 Cars Insurance

DPJenkinson

Monza
Hi, I own a 3.2 carrera which is now a weekend car, I'm starting a new company in January and would like to know is there a way to get your no claims discount onto 2 cars. I have been quoted £750 for golf diesel estate (cost £2500) ! Were as the porsche costs £520. Any advise would be appreciated

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20924

Hi DP

That seems odd, Admiral seemed ok for me with porsche (on which my no-claims is established) and a Range rover as a more recent addition to the stable

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20926

i'm with Elephant and they gave me my 4 yrs on the 964 on my new Diesel hack. They said it was as i'm a customer already and that other insurers would only offer either no ncb or 1 year intro for a 2nd car. I'll be interested to see what happens when the Porsche goes to a limited mileage policy with someone else in Feb in relation to my 406TD Insurance with Elephant. My 406 still costs 60% of the 964 Insurance even though one is group 20+ and one is 10-12?????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20930

My 964 is with Admiral on a limited miles policy and they gave me an 'introductory' 3 year NCD on my Pug 306 which I bought a few months ago as a run about for SWMBO as I was an existing policyholder. Costs about £300 vs Porsche at £700, so was quite pleased.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20932

Many thanks, I'm currently with L&V but they could only offer a 1year NCD and a premium of £692. My porsche Insurance was renewed the middle of September, so I would need to take into account early termination costs etc vs savings.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20934

The Admiral offered me a similar deal about £500 for the Beemer full no claims bonus and 5 years NCB on a second car. 911 about £1100 or Scenic about £500.

Not sure why the Scenic quote was so high but the Porsche seemed fair enough as, although I'm 42, I live in London, parked on the road, in the entertainment business etc.

Have not got the second car yet but it must be worth giving them a try.
postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20936

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back