Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

18'' Alloys

carrera's

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18519

CARRERA'S !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thats what i bought.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18521

Oh and be prepared for just a little, teeny weeny bit of tramlining !!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18523

I have 18" Veloce GT1 wheels on my Targa and tramlining was aweful till I did 2 things;

Fitted a front suspension strut brace - 137 quid from Carnewal.

Reduced the tyre pressures to 32 front and 40 rear.

Now a softer ride and virtually eliminated the tramlining. Pressures are fine for speeds around the legal max - just increase a couple of pounds at a time to judge the correct settings for higher speeds or bumpier roads.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18555

Yep, Carreras...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18562

Stevo - did reducing the tyre pressure really work ? Does it work by itself or only with the strut brace as well ? Any noticable tyre wear or anything negative ? Cos my tramlining is so bad that on some roads,esp with truck worn grooves, its like wrestling with an oiled matress.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 18584

If anyone is interested, i finally got to the bottom of my tramlining issue. I spoke to gert at carnewal who said that a strutbrace wouldnt help at all. He said that if my car was lowered to below than RS height then this would make tramlining and bumpsteer more pronounced. He supplied the info to measure the ride height and it was just belwo RS height (my car has Ruf adjustable set up). So whilst i was on holiday i left my car at my mechanic for him to raise the ride height to just above RS height and for him to do a full geometry check, tracking check and to corner weight the car. When i collected the car my mechanic said that the problem was a litle better but not completly resolved. He pointed to my tyres and said "Thats your problem, they are *****". Tyres are...............Pirelli P Zero's. So this weekend just gone i swopped my summer rims for winter rims which have Michelin snow tyres and whaddya know - bumpsteer and tramlining reduced by about 99%. Apparantly the P Zero's are designed to "run flat" andt therefore have more stiffer sidewalls and give less over bumps etc. So once the P Zero's are worn out i wont be replacing them with the same brand. Anyways many thanks to Gert and Angelo Pallavicini cars in Zurich. Thanks you and goodnight.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20695

Carrera's all the way,

I was going to get Sports Design jobbies on my 996 but was encouraged by my dealer that the Carrera's were the way to go.

Also, I have my car washed every week and the guys who wash it always clean the entire alloy - so the inside is spotless as well - you can never reach the inside of the Sports Design jobs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20717

Carreras - just put them on my 993, look great! 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20727

Noooo

GT3 Sport Designs.

They finish off the car nicely.

Koenig

Migration info. Legacy thread was 20733

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueteddybear