Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

14 days 'till finals!

Will G-J

6 months ago I made a promise to myself. If i pass my finals (50:50 at the moment) I can buy myself a 911. Since then I've done more reading about the cars than I have of textbooks and I was hoping you guys could give me some advice.

20k is about my limit and from what I read that leaves me about 18-18.5k for the car leaving some for maintainence. Although I will still have access to my sensible car, my girlfriend will be using it for day to day commuting so whatever I get it needs to be reliable enough for daily use.

The idea of track days appeal but more importantly I need something that is going to be fairly sure footed in all conditions. Lastly, while eventually the car will be able to enjoy open chequebook maintainence, I still have one more year of uni before I start earning so being able to run the car for the first 12months on a limited but realistic budget would be a bonus.

All of this has led me towards a 964 C4 but i'm not 100% sure if this fits the bill.

Any tips on suitable suitable models and how to go about finding one would be greatly apprecated - now i suppose i'd better get back to the revision!

Cheers

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62862

964 has more driver aids than a 3.2 but that also means more to go wrong. I'd suggest looking for a late 3.2 with the G50 gear box (but I'm biased :wink: )

Whatever you do, before buying it get it inspected by someone who KNOWS Porsches, not just a mate who fancies himself as a mechanic.

Good luck in your search.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62877

Oh, sorry I forgot

All the best in your exams

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62878

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back