Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

£94! For a "GT3" rear badge!

Although a rip off, not as hilarious as the "GT3 RS" rear decal for £156.

£156! For a STICKER!!

Jokers.

Why not ask SpectralUK to see if he can do a wrap of the badge in the matching red? Easily reversible mod and am sure it won't cost as much as a brand new badge...?

~ Maxie :?:

Maxie said:
Why not ask SpectralUK to see if he can do a wrap of the badge in the matching red? Easily reversible mod and am sure it won't cost as much as a brand new badge...?

~ Maxie :?:

Lee did suggest that whilst doing my stripes, but I thought it'd be easier to just buy a new badge.

£94!

This is Porsche Tax gone mad. Must cost only a few pence to make that badge so the mark up is truly incredible.

That is a lot. When I replaced my 'Carrera 4S' inscription last year with a chrome effect badge (rather than the standard dull silver you get), it cost me just under £40 for the lot. GT3 badges are sold to folk with more $$$ I think.

~ Maxie :p

Ha ha. I just spoke to Hatfield OPC parts dept, retail is £94, and my PCGB membership will get me 10% off, so about £85 if I buy through the network.

... But... Still... :x

Oh well I'll stop moaning, I'll probably take the badge off over the summer and respray it myself.

Look on the bright side, at the price it makes it less likely that owners of "lesser" machinery won't be tempted to chav things up with a shiny GT3 badge :D

Roro said:
Ha ha. I just spoke to Hatfield OPC parts dept, retail is £94, and my PCGB membership will get me 10% off, so about £85 if I buy through the network.

... But... Still... :x

Oh well I'll stop moaning, I'll probably take the badge off over the summer and respray it myself.

...As the old saying goes "If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen don't into the kitchen in the first palce" .... ;)

:)

rottenbend said:
Look on the bright side, at the price it makes it less likely that owners of "lesser" machinery won't be tempted to chav things up with a shiny GT3 badge :D

:)

That's probably the real reason...

This came to mind - the 996 "GT3 RS 4.0" that did the rounds a while back:

kgrhqvhjc8e8fufshukbplwmozov_12.jpg

kgrhqvhjcue8fjoogvobplwmoeecg_12.jpg

kgrhqjhjbye8e5imfbplwmoc5ig_12.jpg

That ^^^^^ is truly truly awful....but then again, each to their own!

~ Maxie :thumbdown:

Maxie said:
When I replaced my 'Carrera 4S' inscription last year with a chrome effect badge (rather than the standard dull silver you get), it cost me just under £40 for the lot.
Yep, my standard rear black 'Carrera' badge cost about £20 from Porsche earlier this year. How can they charge almost 5 times that for fewer letters / a smaller badge (GT3)?!

:frustrated:

I literally just noticed the price of these badges last night too as I was looking for a "GT3 CS" one. How they can justify charging even more for the RS one when it's a sticker is beyond belief, welcome to Porsche ownership :D

I couldn't find a GT3 CS badge in the end so figured I may have to buy a 968 CS one and use it's letters.

That really is taking the p.. !! what a joke price. :roll:

Roro said:
Although a rip off, not as hilarious as the "GT3 RS" rear decal for £156.

£156! For a STICKER!!

Jokers.

This has now changed to £24.76. The website fairies must be working overtime in the run up to Xmas :)

All they need to do now is knock 84% off the GT3 badge :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back