Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Chris Harris on 911 GT3 values.

Chris seems to focus on the Manual driving the values up. I think it is a massive part but all the electronic nannying, noise regs, weight and the Metzger Engine not being invited to the party all add significantly to older GT3 cars going ballistic.

Cheers for posting that :thumb:

When I bought my GT3 1.5 years ago for a crazy price I thought and bored my friends to death calling it "a modern day classic" - I think I am and forever will be proved very right.
I guess my prize for being such a clever *icky is my GT3. Woo hoo :thumb:

:grin:

I wonder where that leaves the current 991 if the rumour of a manual version is to be believed?

Surely they won't backtrack given we were told that pdk was the future?

Not to mention the problem of getting a manual through emissions?

Whatever next?? a 3.6 litre mezger? :roll:

Monkey is overlooking the important fact that although there were thousands of GT3s made, the vast majority were LHD. There is a premium being paid in the UK for RHD, although the gap has narrowed lately which probably indicates that they are close to reaching the zenith of their value arc.

Regardless of all that, I will be campaigning the old girl with equal vigour once again this year. Full steam ahead & damn the torpedoes :)

:hand: I was just posting the link title... value means nothing to me as I wont be selling. :thumb:

kas750 said:
https://grrc.goodwood.com/road/news/porsche-911-gt3-values

A fascinating read.

The articles dead boring but I thought you had turbo. Wow a new GT3!! Congrats you lucky so and so. When did you get it?! :thumbs:

NXI20 said:
Monkey is overlooking the important fact that although there were thousands of GT3s made, the vast majority were LHD. There is a premium being paid in the UK for RHD, although the gap has narrowed lately which probably indicates that they are close to reaching the zenith of their value arc.

Regardless of all that, I will be campaigning the old girl with equal vigour once again this year. Full steam ahead & damn the torpedoes :)

Nxi20 is not an 'old girl' it's an 'old tart', As its been rogered senseless, poor
thing, and then rebored...and rogered senseless again....lol

:floor:

..And is still going well despite the abuse ! :grin:

NXI20 said:

Haha, precisely Bunty :thumb:

Interesting read.....and he makes a good few salient points. Please 'dear
Santa' ....make me a new RS with three pedals. 8)

If Porsche do make a manual in the RS I'd say it will be a tiny production run and therefore the values of the 997 GT3s will remain pretty safe. As some are used and time passes they will always retain their values. Unless of course Porsche say 'we were wrong' and offers a manual option on future cars, then the market will stabilise.

There's a market for both. But those who want the latest greatest SOTA sports car, do they want a manual? The mass ( in terms of these types of cars) market has said yes, im not sure there is enough of a backlash to make them U turn. Except maybe with a different type of car?

Imagine for a moment that Porsche make a "Singer" , i dont mean in that price bracket but something modern in as far as newness and warranty and availabilty but retro as far as driver engagement ie light, manual, rear engined and small with a n/a flat six. Maybe emissions and regs will scupper it but as the futrescope of car design seems to get more and more tech based then the appeal will maybe lessen for those cars. And if the appeal is the marketing "power" then just think of the halo effect of the media coverage and susequent hype if they did.

Interestingly Chevy are haveing a good go at this with the latest Corvette Z06. A dry sumped V8 with a manual for $80k...

Senoj said:
Interestingly Chevy are haveing a good go at this with the latest Corvette Z06. A dry sumped V8 with a manual for $80k...

This months' EVO writes the ZO6 up positively, it seems that it even turns corners well. They paired it off with the 991 GT3, even though the Yank tank carried all the big numbers between the two, EVO gave the edge to the 911. (No shock there from EVO)

The ZO6 is an awful lot of car for the money though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back