Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello! Dealership Advice for a New Forum Member

wikidpupil

Hi Everyone,

Great to find such a helpful forum with Porsche enthusiasts and resources. Thanks to all for your contributions. It has helped me a ton as I work towards a purchase of a new 911 Carrera S.

Based in Central London, my local dealer is Porsche Mayfair. I am an imminent buyer of a new 911 Carrera S but was hoping for some advice from you all on current incentive levels. Are many of you getting discounts off lists? Any advice on the best dealers I should be speaking to in order to maximise value?

Happy to venture outside of London if needed.

Thanks a ton

At the moment the discounts that were available 12/ 24 months ago aren't there to be had.
Reason being

Porsche have cut back uk production.

i have arranged 2 new cars for customers 12 and 24 months ago
2 years ago a dealer has 4 unsold 911's in the compound, these cars are paid for when they arrive at the dealership, not when they are registered.
he discounted one to get the money back in the bank

12 months ago i arranged a new convertible for a customer, end of november , car sat in a compound a dealer wanted another sales figure to reach a target.

But interestingly, last november there were 57 new 911's sat in compounds unsold
12 months before there were 150 unsold cars on the same calendar week.

I was speaking to a dealer 2 weeks ago, they'd just announced the 991 GTS, Porsche announced it to the press before they told the dealerships.
He has 4 GTS models available to him next year

I spoke to a dealership regarding the original posters enquiry, there are very few unsold cars in compounds, because Porsche have cut back the uk allocation

We can see from the roads that in my opinion Porsche aren't selling many new 991's, so cut back on uk allocation, no need to discount as supply is meeting demand.

then the old rules of economics kick in,
Its normally the case that where you order a car to your spec, you rarely get the discount that you get from an available car, will reduced allocation at the moment discounts aren't going to be what they were.

find a dealer with 3 cars in the compound unsold and if you are prepared to accept the available spec then you might get lucky.
But if the dealer has only an allocation of 4 GTS's to sell in the next year you won't get much discount on a car ordered to your spec

Th dates quoted above were from last november as this is a copy of a post i made then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back