Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

where to get my parts passivated ?

Gazc2

Magny-Cours
Anyone any recommendations on where I can get my clips,fuel rails nuts bolts etc re-plated struggling to find anyone local to do it.

Gaz

If i knew i wouldn't tell you :bandit:

kp964 said:
If i knew i wouldn't tell you :bandit:

Keith doesn't know.

:)

(Nor do I, but if I did, I would tell you. I don't even know what passivised means!)

:D

This why I love this forum , the friendships ,help and selfless acts towards fellow members :lol:

I`m just waiting for someone who meets the criteria to chime in.

There is a company near me in Pocklington called Allenchrome who do this sort of thing for car restoration you should be able to find them on tinternet.

I had seen that before Peter its not cheap for what it is however could be a bit of fun pretty sure if you started before long everything would be getting the treatment :lol:

Gaz,

When I did mine true passivated was not available in the UK and had been changed to Yellow zinc plating or some such term, depends who you talk to.
Any electroplater should be able to offer this and you can have various thickness as well, 25microns as a max I think.
Sprayed all mine with a clear matt VHT paint which took away that "rainbow" effect that plating has and gives a more gold colour.
One last thing, take pictures of everything that you send as small bits can often go missing in the process.
HTH,

Andy.

Attachments

• engine_rebuild_70_130_600.jpg
    engine_rebuild_70_130_600.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 5,439
  • engine_rebuild_49_183_123.jpg
    engine_rebuild_49_183_123.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 5,439
  • engine_rebuild_66_644_918.jpg
    engine_rebuild_66_644_918.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 5,439
Cheers Andy your tinware looks cracking I think your right its yellow zinc plating good idea to put a laquer on it as it loses its finish pretty quickly

Gaz

I thought you could only passivate stainless steel - does someone make stainless tinware or was that the reason for the zinc coat instead?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back