Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BMW M135i

Jcx

Estoril
Hi Gang,

Thinking about one of these as my daily driver... Anyone got one or got any stories to tell about one? I love the styling and the performance... and the way it isn't too 'shouty' in the style stakes.

any criticisms?

cheers!

The reviews are good for the BMW.
try a Golf R, you will love it!

Nearly bought one last year but the boot was too useless for me and it is a bit pokey on the inside, apart from that i thought it was great, manual box was superb too. A lot of car for the money.

My brother has one of these (http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97729) with the 8 speed auto box and interactive i-nav pad and it is a cracking bit of kit for the money. I driven it a few times and in sport/sport + mode it is very surprising as to how quickly it covers ground, whilst switching back to normal or eco modes , it potters around with ease. I'm sure mpg is mid 30s+

If you need any more info feel free to ask

Its a EuroBox :roll: Why not go 'eco friendly' and consider the new e-Golf :dont know:

Hi
I bought one in the summer as a daily driver. The car is great. Add the 50+ mpg into the equation and it's even sweeter! Oh and I think the road tax is about £80!! For what it is it is a really nice car

^^^ What a 2.9 BMW gives 50mpg :dont know:

I would go for the Golf R personally I think the current shape Gold spot on.

Thx for replies guys.... I discounted the golf as it is too ordinary looking for my taste. Sorry golf fans. Had 2 in the past and loved them but don't want a third...

Looked at S3 too.... Just prefer the M135i to look at.... Don't care about mpg as I don't do that many miles...

max_b said:
My brother has one of these (http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97729) with the 8 speed auto box and interactive i-nav pad and it is a cracking bit of kit for the money. I driven it a few times and in sport/sport + mode it is very surprising as to how quickly it covers ground, whilst switching back to normal or eco modes , it potters around with ease. I'm sure mpg is mid 30s+

If you need any more info feel free to ask

Thx max, did he manage to sell? I am looking at 3-door models.

Jcx said:

It's still with him, his private plate change over ended up getting delayed but all sorted now and back on '63 plate.
Be careful spec wise, there are 2 different nav versions business v professional, also test out the manual v auto. The auto gets my vote! There are also lots of other minor options with make the car a nicer place to be if being used as a daily - HK sound, black panel display etc.

3 door models seem a bit thin on the ground but if a 5 door is off consideration by all means get in touch.

Happy New Year
Max :thumbs:

max_b said:
Jcx said:

It's still with him, his private plate change over ended up getting delayed but all sorted now and back on '63 plate.
Be careful spec wise, there are 2 different nav versions business v professional, also test out the manual v auto. The auto gets my vote! There are also lots of other minor options with make the car a nicer place to be if being used as a daily - HK sound, black panel display etc.

3 door models seem a bit thin on the ground but if a 5 door is off consideration by all means get in touch.

Happy New Year
Max :thumbs:

What is the black panel display? what does it do? I will opt for an auto if i do get one... seems a shame to waste the power with rookie shifts ;-) and i have sitting in traffic with a manual.

cheers

jc

GT86? I've just got an auto one for daily use and it's great ( I am NOT a fan of auto's), but for the daily grind of M25 ( 3 to 4 times a week), it beats a manual every time. It's got paddles, and is really good in sport setting in full auto. The Golf is so boring to look at, and Beemer is streets ahead but looks like every other repmobile on the road. Let me know if you want a go in mine, you're not far from me. :thumb:

Shurv said:
GT86? I've just got an auto one for daily use and it's great ( I am NOT a fan of auto's), but for the daily grind of M25 ( 3 to 4 times a week), it beats a manual every time. It's got paddles, and is really good in sport setting in full auto. The Golf is so boring to look at, and Beemer is streets ahead but looks like every other repmobile on the road. Let me know if you want a go in mine, you're not far from me. :thumb:

Thx M! :)

Love the look of the GT86... But does it have four seats? I need to carry the family at times...

Sadly this change may not happen as it is predicated on my wife swapping up to CRV for towing duties... And she likes her supermini for easy parking and forecourt frugality. :-/

I have a 5 door manual for daily use, great gear box, great car overall, practical, plenty of performance, a real wolf in sheeps clothing. Looks are subjective but I really like the styling, subtle differences over the lesser models but nice touches all the same. I have averaged 29mpg, approaching 7k miles now with a mixture of driving, not bad for the performance on offer. Having said that I'm not that heavy footed, if I we're I'd imagine I would be seeing low 20's mpg. Anyone looking for a great all rounder would be pushed to find a better car for the money.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back