Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jaguar Land Rover introduce 360 Virtual Urban Windscreen

This is a research project, not a demonstration of existing technology, which is why it's rendered in CGI just like the original virtual-windscreen concept. Will be interesting to see how this develops.

A lot of, shall we say 'traditional', drivers get quite sniffy about safety technology. In my work I have been attending road traffic collisions for nearly 30 years and it's quite incredible the carnage that people are surviving now thanks to both active and passive safety features. A lot of the hostility towards safety seems to come from an attitude that says 'if you learned how to drive properly in the first place you wouldn't need all that paraphernalia'. Whilst there's something to be said for that, I'm sure that the vast majority of drivers who have accidents would rate themselves as good drivers.

Technology like this that can prevent accidents is the future. Anti-collision systems should probably be compulsory. It's nearly 2015!!!

yeah I'm sure you will love it when out in your 997 and the car decides it knows better than you do

markiii said:
yeah I'm sure you will love it when out in your 997 and the car decides it knows better than you do

It already does. It's called PSM. You might also though like to ask any of the hundreds of people who drive straight into another car every year (and yes, Porsche drivers are included) if they would have liked their car to have 'known better' and stopped them doing it. However, I do respect your right to crash your car into whatever you like so long as nobody else is involved :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back