Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

front wheel/tyre noise at low speed

freeness

from stand still - when i move off clunky sound from wheels/tire when turning

i.e reversing out of parking space really slow steering wheel full lock.

really hard to explain but been like that since i got it.

is it just the tires sticking to the road ?

anyone else have the same as above ?

They all do that sir!

Feels like the wheels are made from 50 pence pieces... or that you have just driven over something. Only happens are very low speed with a moderate amount of lock on. It's been discussed at length - I think it's unofficial name is "Driving on Acorns".

Seems to be a combination of steering geometry, low profile tyres and colder weather as it is more obvious in winter.

Mine does it, Boxster I was loaned last week did, as did my previous e92 M3 (albeit it a lesser extent). Mates C4s does it to.

Nowt to worry about I'd say.

No worry, very common in cold weather. Its the tyres just skipping a bit on full lock. Ideally try to reduce the amount of lock in reverse if you can, just to save extra stress and a little wear on the tyres. Not a Porsche thing, all cars do it, just exaggerated with big fat low profile tyres.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back