Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tidying Engine Bay Sound Proofing

Jcx

Hi Gang, I just wanted to share my latest purchase, an engine sound-proofing 'tidy' bar from Germany.

My sound proofing was in great shape compared to some I see but still it could be tidied. At around 60 Euros delivered this little plastic beauty is cheaper than its state-side competition by more than 1/2.

That said, it is still an expensive 'fix' for my OCD. Here are a bunch of before and after pics and a few showing the bar and the shape of it.

What do y'all think?

IMG_2587_zps94401e0b.jpg

IMG_2588_zps2e663ada.jpg

IMG_2590_zpsc96e6efc.jpg

IMG_2591_zps2aa42aa8.jpg

IMG_2592_zps434497e6.jpg

IMG_2586_zpsc0028da5.jpg

IMG_2582_zps5bf8a1a8.jpg

IMG_2580_zpscffa921f.jpg
[/img]

I was trying to improve the saggy soundproofing in my 3.2 Carrera bay on Sunday. I guess the mounting slots have stretched, giving the saggy look.

I don't really care, but my OCD most definitely does. It's a bit like Zingari with saggy luggage bay pockets. :wink:

Where did you get it?maybe they do one to fit mine, which doesn't have those round plastic buttons.

I guess if anyone was going to find and fit this 'tidy' it would be you, Joe! :wink:

Have to agree that the eye is always drawn to the sagging edge of the sound-proofing, and I like the idea of tidying it up. Not sure that my OCD is quite as acute as yours though - 60€ seems rather steep for 600mm of black plastic :eek: I doubt Santa/SWMBO would look kindly on the suggestion ...

Gentlemen, it is a monstrous price but face it, if Porsche made this it would be £150. LOL

Another version is available from the USA for around £150 delivered.

I got mine from [email protected]. they don't have a website but they are quick to respond. :)

I quite like that nice and neat looks like a factory part, something else to add to the list unless Chris makes me one of his for a xmas present :thumb:

Gazc2 said:
I quite like that nice and neat looks like a factory part, something else to add to the list unless Chris makes me one of his for a xmas present :thumb:

I'll swap you for an anodised alternator strap Gaz (with you fitting it too!) :D

Chris

Thanks Joe as usual. Email sent to Germany :D

Nice one Big Joe :thumb: I've got the Dobbo kit but made a few errors with the holes :oops:

Now when you going to sort that fan out :dont know:

Zingari said:
Nice one Big Joe :thumb: I've got the Dobbo kit but made a few errors with the holes :oops:

Now when you going to sort that fan out :dont know:

Cheers Mister. What is involved in sorting the fan? What do i need to do? What should i expect to pay? Help pls...

Joe, RPM will do an exchange. Around £100 I think and they usually have one ready. Worth giving them a call.

Simonc said:
Joe, RPM will do an exchange. Around £100 I think and they usually have one ready. Worth giving them a call.

Nice Simon! Do they do the spanner work for that price too?

I am there in the morning. Will get confirmation Joe

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back