Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

When a 918 met a 1140hp Koenigsegg Agera R

Car with over 200 extra horsepower and a similar frontal area is faster in a straight line from a rolling start... Not exactly news is it...

It's not just faster, it blew the porsche away lol

Two lovely cars, but one of the most amateurish videos I've seen!

Given that the Agera can destroy a Veyron it is hardly surprising the porker comes a distant second... :roll:

i gave up trying to find the important bit .... what a terrible video, i think it just deducted 5 years from my life :pc:

did a shoot with a K once as well and it struck me as the complete antithesis of something like the 918

on the one hand you have one of the worlds finest most advancely engineered cars and on the other hand a spazzed up TVR where the only resident design know-how is the phrase "brute force"

jackal2513 said:
i gave up trying to find the important bit .... what a terrible video, i think it just deducted 5 years from my life :pc:
:floor:

I should probably have mentioned that you need to skip to about half way before you see the head to head... :coat:

chimp911 said:
jackal2513 said:
:floor:

I should probably have mentioned that you need to skip to about half way before you see the head to head... :coat:

Thank you chimp, you just saved me 5 years... :grin:

The 918 driver yelled something about "wrong gear", but then it doesn't seem that they repeated the test. Fairly pointless I think to not do a best-of-three or similar

jackal2513 said:
did a shoot with a K once as well and it struck me as the complete antithesis of something like the 918

on the one hand you have one of the worlds finest most advancely engineered cars and on the other hand a spazzed up TVR where the only resident design know-how is the phrase "brute force"

Looks like Brute Force is the way forwards it made the 918 look a bit silly, no wheelspin no nothing just gone!! Whats brute force about that?

JohnnyDangerous said:
jackal2513 said:

Looks like Brute Force is the way forwards it made the 918 look a bit silly, no wheelspin no nothing just gone!! Whats brute force about that?

+1 Boys vs Men.

The K is a work of art IMO and every bit as special as the 918 Spyder. The vid doesn't lie. What the point of new tech if old tech destroys it? Bit blinkered IMO. I'd love to have a K :thumb:

IMI A said:
JohnnyDangerous said:
jackal2513 said:

+1 Boys vs Men.

The K is a work of art IMO and every bit as special as the 918 Spyder. The vid doesn't lie. What the point of new tech if old tech destroys it? Bit blinkered IMO. I'd love to have a K :thumb:

Have you driven one and had a good poke around inside and underneath one ?

Maybe they've come on a bit but the one i spent a day with was a complete piece of s***.

Probably fine if numbers are all that matters to you but personally, since working on cars, whats underneath and how things are done matters hugely to me.

The Zonda we had out on the same day made it look like a student project car.

jackal2513 said:
IMI A said:
JohnnyDangerous said:
jackal2513 said:

+1 Boys vs Men.

Have you driven one and had a good poke around inside and underneath one ?

Maybe they've come on a bit but the one i spent a day with was a complete piece of s***.

Probably fine if numbers are all that matters to you but personally, since working on cars, whats underneath and how things are done matters hugely to me.

The Zonda we had out on the same day made it look like a student project car.

No unfortunately not but read somewhere that the early cars were a bit airfix and the new ones they're making now rival Pagani for craftsmanship. Think there was buying guide in EVO. They reckoned the K would have its day and are very well priced (this was about 18 months ago so may have sky rocketed like other rare cars). I like them because they're daft! :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back