Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turning off the PCM display

weejimmy

Spa-Francorchamps
When driving in a fog last weekend I turned off the PCM display to reduce glare and really liked it. It gave the car a lovely old school feeling and made the analog dash dials really stand out and allowed me to appreciate the subtle lighting in the cabin. :thumb:

It was also super restful so I can see me wanting to turn it off a lot. Anyone found a quick way to do it? I was hoping I could do it via voice control but no cigar. Then I wondered if it was one of the setting pushed to the 1 an 2 button on the door, as I could use them to turn it off but no cigar. :?:

I do that in my 997 a lot; turn off the main display at nights to redice glare. On these cars, it's just a one-button push operation and it's off; thought they had carried a similar button over into the 991....?

~ Maxie

If you push and hold the volume button you can turn PCM off completely, but I still want my tunes!

Only method I can find is:

Press "Car" -> Press "Option" -> Select "Set PCM System", then "Display" "PCM", then "Screen", then select "Switch off display", then "Confirm"...

The the phone rings and it's back on! :frustrated:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back