Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance...hard work!

Andyc11

Well, as someone who actually works in the industry with 15 years experience, I can now fully understand people's annoyance with Insurance!

I begrudingly went with Admiral last year based on cost and time reasons, but am wanting to up my cover this year for track days (and use an OPC if necessary). Mannings were £2.7k, Lockton £3k and other similar companies either wouldn't quote or similar price. Admiral came in at £728 this year and that's a big difference. Having spent 5 years underwriting Insurance risks (car and home), I know the score here, but still massively frustrating when you're on the other side of it.

Car does less than 5k per year, 33 with clean licence for 12 years, max NCD, no claims, Mrs on there...but unfortunately my postcode (Manchester) is killing me. Frustrating given I walk to work and car is kept in an underground secure residential parking area with 24hr security, cctv etc. More than happy to pay double for the right cover, but can't even get close to that!

Hey ho, will keep trying, but looks like the big companies with their huge data collections can assess this more accurately than those without. I now know how it feels!

If you need to move house to get a better postcode, don't move to Bradford.

:)

2 quotes i got for my turbo were £389 fully comp including 5 trackdays

£189 no trackdays

My Insurance is double if I lived 1 mile up the road and triple if I lived 2 miles up.

or in other words, mines a 3rd of what the guy 2 miles away pays :grin:

Jonathon555 said:

£189 no trackdays

Without context (age, convictions, mileage, security, use etc) this is pretty meaningless TBH.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Jonathon555 said:

£189 no trackdays

Without context (age, convictions, mileage, security, use etc) this is pretty meaningless TBH.

Clean licence
Factory security , gargaed

Miles 4000 pa

Ended up paying £149 fully comp

Mines more expensive if I keep it in the garage rather than on the drive. Must be a lot of 'garage claims'.

Can only dream of such good prices...14 companies (including through the PCGB official insurer) and none were under £2k. Out of the 'big' insurers, Aviva came in at £1,250, which was the same price as Admiral until they price matched the renewal against a new business quote from Sheila's Wheels (part of the same group too).

I'm not overly happy about going with Admiral, but I can use an OPC albeit with some leg work on my part. Might be cheaper to move!

Andyc11 said:
Can only dream of such good prices...14 companies (including through the PCGB official insurer) and none were under £2k. Out of the 'big' insurers, Aviva came in at £1,250, which was the same price as Admiral until they price matched the renewal against a new business quote from Sheila's Wheels (part of the same group too).

I'm not overly happy about going with Admiral, but I can use an OPC albeit with some leg work on my part. Might be cheaper to move!

What about pace ward ?

For comparison I'm in London and only paid £700 with Bridle. (45, academic, parked on driveway, 15k per year, factory security, 10 yrs+ ncb). :dont know:

New996buyer said:
For comparison I'm in London and only paid £700 with Bridle. (45, academic, parked on driveway, 15k per year, factory security, 10 yrs+ ncb). :dont know:

33, financial services, underground parking, 5k per year, tracker, 5yrs ncb...Bridle quoted £2.8k.

No one is quoting excess or number of Insurance reportable convictions.....

Mine 2 current Insurance reportable convictions, £600 excess, 5,000 miles pa, 49 full no claims, liverpool :eek: .....£287 :floor:

jonttt said:
liverpool :eek: .....£287 :floor:

That's because nobody nicks anything in Liverpool. They travel to Manchester suburbs to do the deed :pc:

OP - Give Henderson Taylor a call. Very personal brokerage plus I think their office is in Wythenshawe so they know their postcodes :what: http://www.hendersontaylor.co.uk/

Mine 1 claim, no points, 5yrs ncb, £600 excess, 8,000 miles pa, 43, GF with 6 points, same age, no track days, nr Blackburn - £278 full comp.

Andyc11 said:
Well, as someone who actually works in the industry with 15 years experience, I can now fully understand people's annoyance with Insurance!

I begrudingly went with Admiral last year based on cost and time reasons, but am wanting to up my cover this year for track days (and use an OPC if necessary). Mannings were £2.7k, Lockton £3k and other similar companies either wouldn't quote or similar price. Admiral came in at £728 this year and that's a big difference. Having spent 5 years underwriting Insurance risks (car and home), I know the score here, but still massively frustrating when you're on the other side of it.

Car does less than 5k per year, 33 with clean licence for 12 years, max NCD, no claims, Mrs on there...but unfortunately my postcode (Manchester) is killing me. Frustrating given I walk to work and car is kept in an underground secure residential parking area with 24hr security, cctv etc. More than happy to pay double for the right cover, but can't even get close to that!

Hey ho, will keep trying, but looks like the big companies with their huge data collections can assess this more accurately than those without. I now know how it feels!

If you haven't already give AIB a call

Porsche-banner-468x60.jpg

http://www.aib-insurance.co.uk/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back